Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becki

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque
I was browsing craigslist this morning and saw an ad from a woman who was re-homing her two baby blue and gold macaws. She didn't want any money for them,just wanted to make sure they were well loved and happy. I was sooooo happy and excited ! I love all birds and I have a lot of experience with them. So this woman and I email back and forth all day...talking about their care and how she has raised them so far. Then she tells me her daughter placed the ad and made a mistake...she meant to put it in the Alaska craigslist, not the Albuquerque one, but no big deal, she would be happy to fly them out to me at HER expense! By then I was thinking "Wow! What a true humanitarian!". She said the Delta delivery rep would contact me with details on pick-up in a short while. By now I am making plans,about to head out to the store to pick up some things we'll need etc., so excited, got hubby on board and everything. About an hour later I get a phone call from a man with a strong accent telling me to check my email for instructions. Alright.....there is an email from Delta pet delivery with all the specifics of when the new babies would arrive....all I have to do is send a money order to CAMEROON for 180 dollars to cover the cost of transferring ownership. Are you getting the gist? I was heartbroken. Needless to say, I didn't send them anything and the supposed owner of the birds was pretty upset. Guess she thought she had a real sucker on the hook.
Anyway...thanks for reading this long post and be careful out there!

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
I don't understand how someone could do that, talk to you all day and get your hopes up just to try and cheat and dissapoint you. What a terrible person.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Im glad you didnt get suckered into that.. many people do.. to them.. a few $180 scams is ALOT of money...

Status
Not open for further replies.