Say hello to peanut

peanut's palace

Location (City and/or State)
ca
Hello everyone,

This is peanut, he is about 2 yrs old. My wife and I have been trying to ensure he is comfortable and healthy but we’re still worried we might be missing some details. Does he look pretty healthy?

I’m worried he may be showing some signs of pyramiding but I’m not sure if this is just normal shell growth.

I also attached his inside enclosure I (mostly) built. Any recommendations would be appreciated
Thank you!

3875D7B9-FC9F-46EA-A0BE-36373FD54384.jpeg E10C54D8-7677-48F7-BC7D-113339478A47.jpeg 4B306055-1AF9-41CD-9A19-99B7C2F0A68A.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like you did a little modifying to a Zoo Med Tortoise House. Nice job. I wonder if the walls are tall enough so he can't climb out???

He's a beautiful tortoise. I notice the little exit area. I wouldn't allow him to walk around on the floor outside his enclosure. This just makes them impatient about staying inside the enclosure. They're better off not knowing there's more to the world than what's inside their walls.

Don't worry about pyramiding. He's fine.

peanut's palace

ca
Yup, when he was younger the zoo med was adequate, but as he's grown it was clear he needed more room. He seems to be doing well with the wall height( ~1ft) for now, but if I ever come home and he's escaped, I'll know to change that haha

Good to know. We often let him roam around the house when we are home but maybe we will try to limit or stop that now that he has a larger enclosure.

Thank you! I just want to make sure he is happy and healthy!

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Yes your enclosure looks nice! I would not let him roam the house. Search this forum for posts about that, any way you cut it that’s not a good idea. Peanut is cute, good luck with him!