Safe Plant List By State?

jwr0201

Location (City and/or State)
Sarasota, FL
is there any sort of info about tortoise safe plants listed by state? Maybe even a list by tort species?
I saw one from the UK, but that is not applicable here. There is a massive difference in plants that grow in the various zones. Besides...here in FL we have mostly weeds. This is according to my new to FL neighbor from NJ ! ?

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
is there any sort of info about tortoise safe plants listed by state? Maybe even a list by tort species?
I saw one from the UK, but that is not applicable here. There is a massive difference in plants that grow in the various zones. Besides...here in FL we have mostly weeds. This is according to my new to FL neighbor from NJ ! ?
I'm not sure, but if you ever need help with identification, I can try and help. I've gotten pretty familiar with a lot of the weeds here over the years.

TisMary

New York
You might try Wildflowers of the United States. About half way down that page, you can select a specific state. I have found this very informative. As far as the "safe plant" list, I agree with Blackdog1714 - use the Tortoise Table Plant Database. If you make use of the botanical names (listed there as "Latin Name"), I think you'll find it more applicable than you might think at first glance - it's the "Common Names" that trip folks up.

If you use these 2 sources together, you should get a good list of safe plants for your state. Good luck!