Safe Nurseries That Ship Plants?

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
i am hoping Skurts cage is done by the end of the summer and while I’m growing a few pots I wanted some potted plants to provide cover and natural hiding spots that would be fuller than the few I have going. I know “organic” can mean a lot of things but no chemical pesticides would be used I’m assuming? What else should I be looking and asking? Does anyone here know of a vendor that ships and is trusted?

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
You also have to make sure the soil doesn't have perlite in it. You might have to repot.

daniellenc

Maryland
You also have to make sure the soil doesn't have perlite in it. You might have to repot.
Repotting is perfectly fine and I doubt he’d make his way in the pot but finding places that deliver plants that are organic and pesticide free is proving challenging. I’ve found seeds galore and fruits and veggies but want pothos, prayer plant, and air plant.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Repotting is perfectly fine and I doubt he’d make his way in the pot but finding places that deliver plants that are organic and pesticide free is proving challenging. I’ve found seeds galore and fruits and veggies but want pothos, prayer plant, and air plant.
Check etsy for airplane plant. I’ve seen a few starters for sale they say they are organic.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Is this for an outdoor enclosure or inside?

If outdoor, are you open to keeping plants that aren’t as well known? In our area of the state, the safest plants tend to come from nurseries that focus on plants native to the area.

The Maryland Native Plant Society has a list of vendors: https://mdflora.org/nurseries.html. Again, I doubt you’ll find an air plant but you might find something sturdy that can take some neglect. We’re native, which in our area means mostly low scrub. Our Russian is from a scrubby area so it’s a good match for her. (Natives can also take less of your time, they’re hardy!)