Sadly needing to Rehome one.

SterlingWhy

Location (City and/or State)
Clover SC
Hello Tortoise Forum,

My name is Julie, I live on the border of North and South Carolina. I have 2 male Russian tortoises (most likely 5-10 years old) who previously were very tolerant and friendly of each other.

8B439E17-C8CF-42FA-9217-BFAEB6DA6DB2.jpegRecently we built a larger enclosure for them both and ever since then, the larger one (Stoli) has been biting the legs of the smaller one (Calvin). It seems territorial, like he’s trying to claim the space for himself. For that reason, we believe we will need to find a new home for Stoli.

I am very saddened by this development but we have to do what’s best for them both.

Stoli is a very active and adventurous tortoise who loves to roam his enclosure and try to climb things he shouldn’t. He is very handsome and photogenic. He loves carrots and most fruits and will eat them all first before his greens.

If you or someone you know may be interested in taking Stoli, please leave a comment or message me through dm/pm if this website has that capability. We would prefer a local pickup.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Why not just make a second enclosure?

And fruit and carrots are not good for Russians. Messes up their GI tract.

SterlingWhy

Clover SC
Thank you to anyone who read and corrected my information on their dietary needs, but thankfully we have found a local family member who will be taking him.