Sad little baby boxie... Chino

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
The important thing now is to keep the MBD from getting worse. Also, if that poor critter can't close up in his shell he'll need a particularly secure outdoor habitat or to come in at night.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
They got back to me.

The parents owned the turtle and after multiple responses from people about the turtle's health, they have decided to let a family friend take him. They are interested in nursing it back to health.

I'll be referring them to TFO and encourage them to visit my CTTC club.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
What my experience has shown me, when some says this, it means they are really just embarrassed about things and are just dodging the issue to keep from facing the music as it were. I mean really, where was this, “friend" when they originally wanted to rehome it? Maybe I'm just looking through jaded glasses, maybe I'm playing devils advocate, I just hope this all works out for the best.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Maybe.

Either way I linked them to the site (using my member referral link, thank you ken :p) and encouraged them to visit my next chapter meeting.
If anything comes about from it, great! If not, I did what I could...short from paying the asking price of $50 and just buying it with no comments..

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
:( Thank you guys for making the person aware of the turtle's health. So sad to hear he went to some anonymous "friend." I agree, Ken, that really is a scary declaration. If there was a friend all along with box turtle knowledge... Why didn't they speak up LONG before when the bad care first started? I've had someone give me that line before (the person had a couple sorely misidentified hingeback tortoises in an aquatic set up)... I'm not sure I ever want to find out what that line really means.

Here's hoping the little boxie has landed in good hands and goes on to lead a long, happy life...

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Hey guys! I've been in touch with the new owner. A lady and her daughter in Chino, too. They don't know about turtles but are willing to try.

I've given them some great info. They are starting some baby food soaks and going to revamp the enclosure. If/when I get more updates, I'll share :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I don't know if this is the place to say it
but about 5 yrs ago I joined the CTTC
And I lived in AZ but most of what I found on the internet was put there by
The CTTC and when my wife and I went to Calf. One of their groups invited us to their home for the day . And even invited us to their meeting that night they are great people .

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Team Gomberg said:
Hey guys! I've been in touch with the new owner. A lady and her daughter in Chino, too. They don't know about turtles but are willing to try.

I've given them some great info. They are starting some baby food soaks and going to revamp the enclosure. If/when I get more updates, I'll share :)

That's great!! Thank you for the update. So glad to hear the new owners are doing their homework and putting in the effort.