Sacramento, CA Reptile Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom9

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Elverta, CA (Just outside of Sacramento)
I live in Sacramento,CA and I thought I would let others in the area know that upscale reptiles is hosting their annual reptile expo at the Sacramento Convention center September 29th and 30th. They are bringing back the venomous display again this year if you missed it next year. If you want more details http://upscalereptiles.com/2011/ I realize it says 2011 but it is this years.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
I'll be there! Even though I have promised to not bring anyone new home... Sigh... I am taking my son and nephew for their first convention!

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
I'll be their cant wait, maybe they'll let me catch the King Cobra by hand(it is on my bucket list)that way i wont have to fly to Indoneasia.Any one else coming

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
If I'm not in vegas, I think I'm coming! Thanks for posting. I'm only an hour away.

Phantom9

5 Year Member
No problem

I am eagerly looking forward to going again this will be my third year in a row and I tend to spend around 4 or so hours looking around and shopping. I know how you feel I was told by my girlfriend that I have hit my limit for animals and am not getting another one. ( she said something similar last year and I ended up with a bearded dragon) I doubt I will get an animal this time around though

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
Hey phantom if you want to buy something ill be their and ill let you know what i want that way where both happy you get to buy something and a get to take it home its a win win. HaHa have fun and enjoy

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I just passed it and kept going. The line was out the door and wrapped around the building. 😔

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
Just got back from the show it was my first time to this one and their where so many snakes with tons of color schemes. i have been out of the snake world for around 10 years and i can't believe how much it has changed.I was very temped to buy a 12 ft green Anaconda. The only thing i didn't like about the show was how they are still giving out bad info about sulcatas. Even the show on the back stage sad they where a dry dessert tortoise that didn't require a lot of water because they are from africa. Their where a lot of great animals their buy alot of booth didn't look good and seemed like all they cared about was selling their animals for money and not taking care of them or telling the people who bought them the correct info. But all in all most booth where good and had great knowledge.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Yeah I talked two people out of sulcatas! Not a lot of information being given about them. Just sales sales sales! I have never seen so many morphs there either. I learned a lot!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
waterboy said:
Just got back from the show it was my first time to this one and their where so many snakes with tons of color schemes. i have been out of the snake world for around 10 years and i can't believe how much it has changed.I was very temped to buy a 12 ft green Anaconda. The only thing i didn't like about the show was how they are still giving out bad info about sulcatas. Even the show on the back stage sad they where a dry dessert tortoise that didn't require a lot of water because they are from africa. Their where a lot of great animals their buy alot of booth didn't look good and seemed like all they cared about was selling their animals for money and not taking care of them or telling the people who bought them the correct info. But all in all most booth where good and had great knowledge.

Yep I totally agree. I got out of snakes about 10 years ago too. I stopped going to shows up until about 2 years ago. SO much has changed. I was at NARBC show a month ago it was the same. All ball pythons all colors very expensive too. Not alot of vendors looked happy because nobody was buying the expensive snakes that everyone had. Times are changing thats for sure.

Phantom9

5 Year Member
My day was successful, I bought all the items on my list
Mazuri(I had to buy a small amount before ordering online to see if my torts liked it) $8
Fleurescent UVB 10.0 bulbs x 2 $21.50 a piece
A light fixture for one of the tubes $28.99
CocoCoir(Which by the way is a pretty interesting substrate watching it expand) $5.50 for a pack of three bricks(I bought 2)
Ceramic heat emitter x 2 $19.99 (I didn't expect them to be so steep
I won two misting bottles courtesy of Petsmart and pissed off one vendor by informing his customers about how big sulcatas get so they knew what they were getting themselves into.
I love the expo as far as prices go, I spent 20% less than what I expected!

Status
Not open for further replies.