Ryan over at Southern Reptiles

AntM

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, FL
Going to make me order 4 more! Lol That sounds like a better idea anyways :). And yes I have a EtekCity temp gun. Hope that ones good, it seems to give pretty accurate temps.

JenC

Horseshoe Bay TX
Over the weekend we added 3 Radiated hatchlings to the family! They are about a month and a half, and as rambunctious as they get. So active and feeding like little monsters. We picked them up from Ryan at @Southernreptiles He was awesome and very helpful giving me a thorough walk through since I’m still very new to tortoise keeping. If he’s got something you want I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him. I look forward to watching these little dudes grow and thrive with his help and the help of this awesome forum.

JenC

Horseshoe Bay TX
Welcome! How exciting!!!!
So special. I have one.
He/She? is an eating machine.

I’m in Texas :) Congrats!!!!

Attachments

• D437FDF6-8A10-4029-87F8-7329549F8445.jpeg
    D437FDF6-8A10-4029-87F8-7329549F8445.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey @Tom, thanks for the feed back. Everything I’ve read says around 80-85% humidity, is that what you recommend as well?

I am in Miami, humidity down here has been around 75-85% consistently and temps in their table is around 80-82 in the cool side and 85-90 on the warmer side.

I’ve read over @Sterant captive radiated maintenance post a few times. But any advice is much appreciated. Want to give them the best possible life as I can.
I don't claim any knowledge about Florida's humidity, but I'm guessing that inside the house isn't nearly as humid as outside. You need a closed enclosure to maintain the high humidity.

AntM

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Miami, FL
Welcome! How exciting!!!!
So special. I have one.
He/She? is an eating machine.

I’m in Texas :) Congrats!!!!
Thanks! Yes it’s crazy how the my eat like little machines. They are much more active then my red foot hatchlings.

And he/she is beautiful!

AntM

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Miami, FL
I don't claim any knowledge about Florida's humidity, but I'm guessing that inside the house isn't nearly as humid as outside. You need a closed enclosure to maintain the high humidity.
Hey Yvonne, yes in my house it’s a nice cool 72 and minimal humidity lol ? I keep them outside though. Only pets my wife allows inside are her 3 African Greys and our dog. Maybe when the kids get a bit older and out grow their play room I can turn that into a tortoise room, maybe even a part of our office now. Just have to convince the boss ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yep.
Outside right now it's 78% humidity.
Inside with the AC in its 41%