Russian tourtise Vet in Delaware/Mayland Area.

mads3732

Location (City and/or State)
Harrington
Hello, I'm looking for experienced vets that can help me with my Russian tourtise. I didnt know if anyone had any experiences with tourtise vets in the Delaware/Maryland area.

Thanks.
Maddy

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
What kind of problem are you having? maybe able to help without a vet. Pictures always help as well.

mads3732

Harrington
What kind of problem are you having? maybe able to help without a vet. Pictures always help as well.

My tourtise has been really lethargic. Hes been sleeping everyday and will not get up unless I wake him up. Hes a rescue and have had him for 4 years. Hes always been picky and tends to not exhibit normal RS behaviors. At one point he had a reapitory infection and was treated by a local vet with antibiotics. She was pretty uneducated regarding tourtises. I kind of regret going there because she tried to tell me that a diet of pure romaine lettuce and squash was fine. (Which are his favorite things to eat and what I'm trying to not feed him as much.) I soak him daily and try to feed variety. I take him outside too. Its just making me nervous since he was once really active then slowed down and stopped acting like himself.

mads3732

Harrington
My tourtise has been really lethargic. Hes been sleeping everyday and will not get up unless I wake him up. Hes a rescue and have had him for 4 years. Hes always been picky and tends to not exhibit normal RS behaviors. At one point he had a reapitory infection and was treated by a local vet with antibiotics. She was pretty uneducated regarding tourtises. I kind of regret going there because she tried to tell me that a diet of pure romaine lettuce and squash was fine. (Which are his favorite things to eat and what I'm trying to not feed him as much.) I soak him daily and try to feed variety. I take him outside too. Its just making me nervous since he was once really active then slowed down and stopped acting like himself.

15917353310002329176200691919248.jpg

zovick

10 Year Member!
@mads3732
Using the American Association of Reptile and Amphibian Vets web site's "find a vet section" and the zip 19952 for Harrington, DE, I came up with the fellow below in Cape May, NJ. He is an exotics vet. Don't know if you are willing to travel that far or not. His was the only listing within 50 miles of Harrison.

The Univ. of Penn. Vet School in Philadelphia has an exotics department and that is closer to you than Cape May, NJ. You could also check with them to see if they would treat your tortoise.

Last updated: 11/2/2019
Dr Ira Niedweske
Active Veterinarian
PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION
Ocean View Veterinary Hospital
2033 N Route 9
Cape May Court House
New Jersey
08210-1162 United States
[ Map ]
(609) 486-5025 (Phone)
Visit Website »
Profession: Small Animal/Exotics Veterinarian

mads3732

Harrington
@mads3732
Using the American Association of Reptile and Amphibian Vets web site's "find a vet section" and the zip 19952 for Harrington, DE, I came up with the fellow below in Cape May, NJ. He is an exotics vet. Don't know if you are willing to travel that far or not. His was the only listing within 50 miles of Harrison.

The Univ. of Penn. Vet School in Philadelphia has an exotics department and that is closer to you than Cape May, NJ. You could also check with them to see if they would treat your tortoise.

Last updated: 11/2/2019
Dr Ira Niedweske
Active Veterinarian
PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION
Ocean View Veterinary Hospital
2033 N Route 9
Cape May Court House
New Jersey
08210-1162 United States
[ Map ]
(609) 486-5025 (Phone)
Visit Website »