Russian Tortoise to Rehome - Portland, OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broncomanbrad

Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR
We have had a Russian Tortoise who is about six and half years old now. He was hatched here locally and we acquired him from the family when he was around one year old. Unfortunately over the past year, our schedules have changed so dramatically that we are unable to give him the attention he deserves. He is still well fed and taken care of but his “play time” and interactions have become so limited that we feel it is only fair to him to seek out a new home for him that will give him that attention that he deserves.

He currently has a two story pen that I put together to try to maximize space. It has heat and UV lamps on both levels and he seems happy spending his time evenly between the two levels. We are more than happy to include his enclosure if his new family so desires.

We are located in Wilsonville, Oregon and we really just want him to go to a good home. As such, we are also requesting a $50 rehoming fee which will include his enclosure if you are interested. He’s super mellow (as most are) but will come and say hi and let you pet his head. Please let me know if you are interested. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Broncomanbrad

Portland, OR
We are even flexible on the rehome fee, especially if he's going to a good home. I had posted this elsewhere first and put that in an attempt to deter anyone who wasn't really serious. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding him.

Thanks

Stoneman

Pacific Northwest, United States
I am a little surprised you have not found a home for him yet. There is someone who probably has their hands full but owns a rehabilitation facility here in WA. The name of her Facebook page is Northwest Tortoise, I believe. I hit her up and will get back with you asap. If it starts getting worse to the point you need someone to take it, I bet she could. In the meantime, I asked her if she knows anyone I'm your area who would be a good caretaker and want your tort.

Broncomanbrad

Portland, OR
I am a little surprised you have not found a home for him yet. There is someone who probably has their hands full but owns a rehabilitation facility here in WA. The name of her Facebook page is Northwest Tortoise, I believe. I hit her up and will get back with you asap. If it starts getting worse to the point you need someone to take it, I bet she could. In the meantime, I asked her if she knows anyone I'm your area who would be a good caretaker and want your tort.

Thank you so much.

Stoneman

Pacific Northwest, United States
I asked her, and she said no. There is a Facebook page called Oregon tortoise rehome adoption or something like that that has 1.8k followers. I will ask the question there but I think that might be a good source for the right person. Good luck!

sphenthegreat

Yakima, WA
Have you found a new home for him yet? My family got to tortoise-sit for a pair of Russians this summer and loved it so much we're looking to adopt one ourselves. We're in central Washington, so withing driving distance, too.

drbrown

Sherwood
Hi! Our family is local in Sherwood, Oregon and we have been looking for a tortoise for our family. Are you still trying to rehome your Russion tortoise? I would love more information about him if you still have him. I'm not quite sure how this forum works or I would have sent you a private message but I will try to figure it out and send you an email if possible. Thanks! Deyna

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
This is just tragic... Any updates on if you ever found a suitable new home for your baby?
I live in Winchester Bay on the coast. My first tortoise I ever owned ( when I was a young child unfortunately) was a Russian. I'm currently in the middle of constructing MY two story encloser for my Red Foot , Artemis. I have a room set up entirely around my tortoise table. Hey it's a small room, but Artemis gets her own room. Lol!
My boyfriend seems very interested in perhaps adopting him. I cannot imagine there being no one in Portland to adopt him! Its just horrible....
Why dont you give me a PM if your still in need of a quality home for him....

heidi19732019

Portland
Hello I'm in Portland, Or and I just recently lost my little Boris and I'm looking to possibly get another shell baby I would love to adopt your little guy if possible please let me know I am open to text or email which ever is best for you 503-607-6685 or [email protected] thank you hope you hear from you soon

Kateseb

Wilsonville, OR
We have had a Russian Tortoise who is about six and half years old now. He was hatched here locally and we acquired him from the family when he was around one year old. Unfortunately over the past year, our schedules have changed so dramatically that we are unable to give him the attention he deserves. He is still well fed and taken care of but his “play time” and interactions have become so limited that we feel it is only fair to him to seek out a new home for him that will give him that attention that he deserves.

He currently has a two story pen that I put together to try to maximize space. It has heat and UV lamps on both levels and he seems happy spending his time evenly between the two levels. We are more than happy to include his enclosure if his new family so desires.

We are located in Wilsonville, Oregon and we really just want him to go to a good home. As such, we are also requesting a $50 rehoming fee which will include his enclosure if you are interested. He’s super mellow (as most are) but will come and say hi and let you pet his head. Please let me know if you are interested. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Hello, Are you still looking for a home for your tortoise? I am looking to adopt one and am in Wilsonville as well. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.