Russian Tortoise Scutes seperating

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
If you cover all the mesh areas with plexiglass and cover open top you can turn that area into aore humid area. Remember though. Trapping heat raises temp too so monitor the temps as changes are made. Don't freak. most of us have had to make multiple enclosures...before we finally got it right.

KraftyKay13

They seem to do ok with the ramp. There's a piece of wood I can remove to make it less steep, so I'll probably do that.
I ordered a new heat emitter from Amazon (50 watts) which should be here Saturday, so hopefully that helps!
I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone for all your wonderful help, I really appreciate it!! :)

Eduardo Hernandez

Orange County, California
They seem to do ok with the ramp. There's a piece of wood I can remove to make it less steep, so I'll probably do that.
I ordered a new heat emitter from Amazon (50 watts) which should be here Saturday, so hopefully that helps!
I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone for all your wonderful help, I really appreciate it!! :)

They're being housed together? Have you noticed any sort of fighting/bickering? I'm not sure if that could've made it worse though.

Bee62

Germany
The shell of your tortoise looks very dry. Please take my advice and give your torts more humidity.

KraftyKay13

The shell of your tortoise looks very dry. Please take my advice and give your torts more humidity.

I certainly will, thank you for your advice! I ordered a flower sprayer from Amazon (along with a new heat emitter). Would you recommend putting any oils or creams on her shell?

KraftyKay13

One more question: do I need to get the dirt out from her "growth lines"? If so, how? I've tried gently scrubbing them with a toothbrush while she's soaking, but that didn't seem to work very well

Smush

I certainly will, thank you for your advice! I ordered a flower sprayer from Amazon (along with a new heat emitter). Would you recommend putting any oils or creams on her shell?
I recommend organic no additives coconut oils :) You can get this almost anywhere.

Bee62

Germany
I only would treat the small growth lines with few coconut oil not the whole shell.
To much oil could make the shell impermeable against humidity, and you don`t have to remove dirt from the growth lines before.

Last edited: