Russian Tortoise Looking for New Home (Southern California)

BenBalos

Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, California
Hello,

We bought a Russian Tortoise for our son almost two years ago. We bought it from a lady who said that she had bought it for her daughter about a year prior, from one of the local pet stores (Petco or Petsmart). Based on that, I figure the tortoise is about three years old, give or take. It's about five or six inches long, and has been since I got it; as such, I figure it's a male. We keep the tortoise in an aquarium that seems fairly small (about 1½ feet wide by 3 feet long). We used to take him out and let him roam around the yard on weekends, but we moved a few months ago and can't do that anymore. My son has lost interest in the tortoise and are looking for someone that could take better care of it. We agreed that if we could find someone that would keep him in a larger space (enclosure or a yard), we would be willing to give him away. We are located in Orange County, California. Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ben, and welcome!

If the tortoise was purchased at a pet store, then chances are pretty good it is older than 10 years, and full grown. Hopefully you will find someone to take him in. We have many SoCal members here.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
the tail is the biggest give away, if it is long and tucked to the side - a boy, if it is super tiny - girl:) from the size you describe - it is a boy, but you should post some cute pics for people to see and get all oh....:)