Russian Tortoise for adoption

Candyapplebabe

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
About a year back, my fiancé rescued a tortoise from a busy roadway. He saw the poor thing get clipped by a few vehicles and went spinning into the gutter. We have been trying to get her back to health but we aren't able to care for her properly... when she came to us she had shell rot with a good size hole in the bottom of her shell. We've been treating it with iodine and neosporin but seems to be constant. She also has white spots on the top of her shell... that don't seem to go away/ get smaller... we assume it's damage from her attempt at playing frogger but are unsure. We want her to go to someone who is better prepared to care for her than us. Obviously, we are not looking to sell her (we assume "she" because the belly isn't concave).

augNyK_bKbxgAbSXKSgHPq0AXrcCG8YZQxyh-x5N9QmsBEFClrqrqXFSlOJA4q5Tmq7MDdptAl9e_6SjH4UyufOKLQvwEEYC_uZQGS0yK--9l1MoEAh2hBBIi34thTtxvQPTAmhckdkQJfdHhJ5yZOJDGYJmQ--G8Oi-xRiOk97VugrBk3ZgY4LO22FDTAL8oTiVMxlzMVXQqRQ71tlvA6hpW9yCL9UNda44NsE2g9_0vos8dma9V1ju-vdr62S6Z1AJS_eWlJYt5xpmn4tajw9sqEnCT0e-LP-eyhN-Gnw1YAuhsAqDb6JaGAMLhmFyGpVrTjo-8_EewxACboRCuLbsOyu7eNc7vBUv26k8-UX8VTqB--luCIm6ZY4QmqFdBwY0ZoiPiW4zPZyJalJxZ65NjZW4I5A0wA6hPS7B6bAOshiLHk2_-P0mID1plh30TA-iJaSvVYJj3XZKSZrzJFApCDORMD6X8evT8V1D7d7hV7GPGxw37fXFwCgiXtE48mQ98lSHK_0631WnA6iBxYqq_w2kAUzDsqVnmzq-IqGbHWaxp66IJyNMgZfMMu2ebVroFaYzASsDc55HzR_il3j8ybtxE8AeaK3MAYI5aKXO_MCVHMnZdJgHgmuTMdckItdtrjmPTtc5o6zpuCV_K_Dsqw_ACSWP2z7CfXinFiVKgXb3b7bStFnbIf6RNWXj9hWWi0Adiu04MjgK3WMCKh6zZw=w651-h867-no

Thel

Az
I'm in az .. I have a female Russian as well ..She live in a outside habitat.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be careful of new members that join only to get free tortoises. A lot of them only want a free tortoise to resell.
Check to see if thats the only kind of participating they do.

HoosierTort

Indianapolis
About a year back, my fiancé rescued a tortoise from a busy roadway. He saw the poor thing get clipped by a few vehicles and went spinning into the gutter. We have been trying to get her back to health but we aren't able to care for her properly... when she came to us she had shell rot with a good size hole in the bottom of her shell. We've been treating it with iodine and neosporin but seems to be constant. She also has white spots on the top of her shell... that don't seem to go away/ get smaller... we assume it's damage from her attempt at playing frogger but are unsure. We want her to go to someone who is better prepared to care for her than us. Obviously, we are not looking to sell her (we assume "she" because the belly isn't concave).

augNyK_bKbxgAbSXKSgHPq0AXrcCG8YZQxyh-x5N9QmsBEFClrqrqXFSlOJA4q5Tmq7MDdptAl9e_6SjH4UyufOKLQvwEEYC_uZQGS0yK--9l1MoEAh2hBBIi34thTtxvQPTAmhckdkQJfdHhJ5yZOJDGYJmQ--G8Oi-xRiOk97VugrBk3ZgY4LO22FDTAL8oTiVMxlzMVXQqRQ71tlvA6hpW9yCL9UNda44NsE2g9_0vos8dma9V1ju-vdr62S6Z1AJS_eWlJYt5xpmn4tajw9sqEnCT0e-LP-eyhN-Gnw1YAuhsAqDb6JaGAMLhmFyGpVrTjo-8_EewxACboRCuLbsOyu7eNc7vBUv26k8-UX8VTqB--luCIm6ZY4QmqFdBwY0ZoiPiW4zPZyJalJxZ65NjZW4I5A0wA6hPS7B6bAOshiLHk2_-P0mID1plh30TA-iJaSvVYJj3XZKSZrzJFApCDORMD6X8evT8V1D7d7hV7GPGxw37fXFwCgiXtE48mQ98lSHK_0631WnA6iBxYqq_w2kAUzDsqVnmzq-IqGbHWaxp66IJyNMgZfMMu2ebVroFaYzASsDc55HzR_il3j8ybtxE8AeaK3MAYI5aKXO_MCVHMnZdJgHgmuTMdckItdtrjmPTtc5o6zpuCV_K_Dsqw_ACSWP2z7CfXinFiVKgXb3b7bStFnbIf6RNWXj9hWWi0Adiu04MjgK3WMCKh6zZw=w651-h867-no
I keep and breed Russians. I have 21 years experience with Russian tortoises and nearly 30 with turtles in general. I would enjoy discussing her needs and if I can offer the kind of place you’re looking for.
Let me know what you’re thinking and I can provide references if needed.

Thank you for not releasing her like some folks do.
Matthew

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I want one to raise and love. Where can I find one as I live in Texas
We have members on here that raise and sell them and will ship.
@Carol S
Also keep a look out in the local craigslist or call any rescues.
Lots of tortoise people in TX.
You can also hang around this forum and read all the different threads/posts that pertain to the type of tort you want. Ask questions and get a proper enclosure set up. This helps to prove you really want one, but not just to sell.

HoosierTort

Indianapolis
We have members on here that raise and sell them and will ship.
@Carol S
Also keep a look out in the local craigslist or call any rescues.
Lots of tortoise people in TX.
You can also hang around this forum and read all the different threads/posts that pertain to the type of tort you want. Ask questions and get a proper enclosure set up. This helps to prove you really want one, but not just to sell.
Carol S produces some amazing Russians! I got a few F2’s from her this year and I’ve gotten a whole group of hatchlings in the past. Not sure if she still has any left or not, but I have a few F1’s I’d part with.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Carol S produces some amazing Russians! I got a few F2’s from her this year and I’ve gotten a whole group of hatchlings in the past. Not sure if she still has any left or not, but I have a few F1’s I’d part with.
This should have been post to @Kimglaspy she is looking not me.

HoosierTort

Indianapolis
I want one to raise and love. Where can I find one as I live in Texas