• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Russian/small tort found Newton Mass

loveaemily

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Looks like a Russian to me found just off Deadham st before the cemetery/ across from the athletic field at around 2:30. He had a small rock/bark irritating his one eye otherwise very healthy. Good sized little tort. I don't have a car(not from here) so I passed him off to someone and they assured me they would take him straight to an animal shelter.
tort.JPG

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Looks like a Russian to me found just off Deadham st before the cemetery/ across from the athletic field at around 2:30. He had a small rock/bark irritating his one eye otherwise very healthy. Good sized little tort. I don't have a car(not from here) so I passed him off to someone and they assured me they would take him straight to an animal shelter.
View attachment 271559
Yep that’s a Russian.

Carolyn M

Hi, this looks very similar to Rolo who was lost in June 2017 in CT. I know it is a long shot, but I am still looking for her. She is a 24 year old female Russian. Shell length was about 7-8 inches. She is in my profile pic and I will attach some more. I know shell patterns can slowly change over time so it may be her! Her shell was starting to get some more darker coloration before I lost her.

Attachments