Russian/Redfoot in NOVA/DC area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelonian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia and DC
First things first. I will not ship. No way, no how. Please don’t ask. I’m sure you can find one similar in your own area.

I would like to rehome two tortoises that I acquired two years ago. One is a female Russian and one is a male Redfoot.

Because I work with animals for a living, people always want to give me their unwanted animals. I usually say no and try to direct them to a rescue or another helpful source. I couldn’t turn these guys away. Both came to me in 20 gallon long aquariums without a UVB light source and eating turtle pellets from the pet store. The Redfoot was on wood chips and the Russian was on crushed walnut. Sad.

I prefer to give these guys to someone who is already a tortoise owner. I prefer to give these guys to someone who owns a house and can give them a proper set-up for all four seasons. If you are a contributing member of this forum then I assume you know how to properly care for both species of tortoise.

Please live in the Northern Virginia/DC area. I work in DC at a fairly prominent zoo (I’m sure you can figure which one out). I can meet you somewhere between DC and Fredericksburg, VA.

I am charging a fee for both to keep away flippers. I also require proof of current tortoise ownership and what kind of set-up you plan to offer. People who take the time to tell me about themselves and their tortoise experience go to the front of the line.

I have been keeping turtles and tortoises for 28 years. I am going to be picky on who ultimately adopts these guys. That being said, I am not going to make this an excruciating experience. If you have any questions please PM me. Thanks. Eric.

IMG_1538.jpg

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
re-opened at request of the OP

Chelonian

5 Year Member
Virginia and DC
The Russian tortoise came back as her new owner could not care for her the same way I did. So I still have both the female Russian and the male Redfoot.

Again, I will not ship.

I am hoping to find one or two loving homes in the DC/Northern Va/Southern Md area. These two are great torts and I hope I can place them before Fall 2013. Thanks for looking. Eric.

Chelonian

5 Year Member
Virginia and DC
The Redfoot went to a great new home yesterday. Russian is still available. No I will not ship, barge, wheelbarrel or catapult. Local pickup please.

Chelonian

5 Year Member
Virginia and DC
I am still looking for a home for the female Russian. If you are interested please send me a picture of your indoor and outdoor enclosure and we can talk about the rest. Please be local to the NOVA/DC area because i'm still not shipping! Thanks everybody.

Chelonian

5 Year Member
Virginia and DC
Bigsteaks, I tried to email you back but you have private messages disabled.

For everyone else: I am still looking for a great home for my girl. Please read the whole thread before you respond so there isn't any miscommunication. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.