Russian Not Eating Since I Got Him 4 Days Ago..

FrankIinTheTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I've offered him straight to face a huge floating leaf. He nudged it saying "Get out of my way, leaf." I even ripped off a small bit and he just stares at it for 5 minutes and walks away, it was right to his mouth but he didn't open it. I offer him a baby carrot he just walked by it, even when I chopped it up into small bits. I've offered him Romaine Lettuce, he just looks at it then walks away. Not once have I saw him eat since I got him, can someone please help? I don't think it's because he's getting used to his new habitat, he seems to have done that already. He doesn't seem stressed either, he just chills under the lamp fixture. He sleeps for 90% of the day too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Everything we told you in your first post about all the supplies you bought (and that you disregarded because we're too old or not experienced enough) goes to why your tortoise isn't eating. Make his living arrangements and climate ideal and he'll eat.

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
Everything we told you in your first post about all the supplies you bought (and that you disregarded because we're too old or not experienced enough) goes to why your tortoise isn't eating. Make his living arrangements and climate ideal and he'll eat.
I disregarded that information because my parents have spent a lot of money on Franklin and I do not want to tell them everything we got for Franklin is the wrong supplies.