Russian Momma in MN

KiaraKeeper

Location (City and/or State)
Fergus Falls Minnesota
I rescued my baby a few months ago. I was told he was female and 12 years old. I had to do some research because I was fairly certain females did not have hooks on their tails. And from my research I am correct.

I got him because my friend runs a rescue and typically takes in snakes and geckos. Not to familiar with tortoises and I had made comments about wanting one in the future. So when he had one come in he asked me to take it. So I did.

I'm learning and wanting to learn. And I know my care could use some improvement so that's my goal for being here.. and I want a million more.. but that will come in time.

I'm Kiara, I'm a stay at home mom in Minnesota.

MPappagallo

Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach, SC
I rescued my baby a few months ago. I was told he was female and 12 years old. I had to do some research because I was fairly certain females did not have hooks on their tails. And from my research I am correct.

I got him because my friend runs a rescue and typically takes in snakes and geckos. Not to familiar with tortoises and I had made comments about wanting one in the future. So when he had one come in he asked me to take it. So I did.

I'm learning and wanting to learn. And I know my care could use some improvement so that's my goal for being here.. and I want a million more.. but that will come in time.

I'm Kiara, I'm a stay at home mom in Minnesota.
welcome to the forum and congrats on your new shell baby! Russians are great little torties....very sturdy and great personalities as well. You are correct about the tail spur on males. If you are still unsure, you can post pics here of his underside with the tail showing, and we can confirm it for you. Don't hesitate to ask questions!