Russian Hatchling Enclosure

Brijuana19

Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, MO
Hello guys!
I recently just got my Russian Tortoise Hatchling. I named him Mikael, I’m hoping a he’s a boy lol. Right now he’s in a wooden enclosure. I’m constantly watching him and checking all of his temps and humidity levels. Everything checks okay good but I’m constantly worried. Mainly because I want him to live a long and healthy life. He eats more than I ever thought he could and he’s soaks everyday for 15-20 minutes. Should I be concerned that he doesn’t pee or poop in water? As I clean his house I’ll find his poop but I wasn’t sure if he’s suppose to poop in his enclosure. Stupid question I know lol. Also today I’m taking him out of his wooden enclosure and putting him in a under the bed plastic tub. Do you guys have any tips for me to get his humidity perfect? Also should I put it on a table like his wooden enclose or would he do fine on the floor? Is moss okay with being in there for humidity? Sorry for all the questions, thank you!

jensem17

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Hi! I recently got a hatching and the crew on this forum was really helpful. Follow this guide and post a pic of your set up. I was warned against the moss as they will try and eat it.