Russian attitude

Dennis S

Location (City and/or State)
Reno
So I'm curious, if you accidentally change your tortoises routine, do they get mad and have a fit?

The question comes from, I woke up turned on the lights and forgot to put food down, went back to sleep and got woke up to him tearing up his enclosure,

Shuler24

Michigan
But, to answer the question about attitude. Yes. They have an attitude if you change up things, at least mine does. Not sure how to describe it but he pouts.

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
They don't really have an "attitude," really their behavior just changes because they are not really used to the switch in routine. As for tearing up the enclosure, Yvonne is right, it was trying to find food but couldn't.

Dennis S

Reno
But, to answer the question about attitude. Yes. They have an attitude if you change up things, at least mine does. Not sure how to describe it but he pouts.
[/QUOTEi have had my George for a month and a week, last week during his bath I cleaned and rearranged his home, he did not come out of his cave for two days, normal for him is out 3-4 times a day

Dennis S

Reno
He said, "Since there's no food in here I guess I'll have to try to escape and go find some."
ok so I have had him for five weeks is 4.5 inches and has gotten used to me harvesting dandilion mallow and plantain (Northern Nevada parks are pesticide and herbicide free) I usually turn on the lights and put food down, that's become his norm, this morning yup trying to escape to find food, he is so fun and you and others on the forum have taught me so much in a shot time ? ps. It's going to take time but I'm going to put together a picture list of tortoise friendlies in my area

SpanishPeanut

Rochester, NY
It’s totally a thing. My guy has quite the personality. If you don’t feed him on time, he will stare you down until you do. After a soak he will go into his hide pretty quickly. After about a minute or two he will come out and throw a tantrum that ends with his butt in the air under her basking spot. Every time.