Russian adult female wanted

the Turtle Shepherd

Location (City and/or State)
nowhere
Hello, everyone:)
I have a silly herd of Russians of all ages, one is an adult, he is the sweetest thing unlike other Russians who are so pushy:) This adult was a rescue, sad looking little thing with softest and most adorable personality, i pet my tortoises so he already went from terrified to allowing when i touch him, he will eat out of my hand too, his name is Slonik (Wee Elephant in Russian) because of his beak that over time became shaped slightly trunk like:) he was overly exposed to light bulb heat, and after a week in the open sun he started to shed his old skin and grow new one:) it is an amazing transformation that I am so touched by:) so the long story short Slonik would benefit from some female touch, for I believe every tort should be given a chance (if opportunity allows :) to experience the feeling of love :)
I would like to rescue an adult female Russian tortoise from a similar situation, i would very much prefer another unwanted and even neglected girl, if I do not find any to rescue I will purchase, but I would rather give home to some poor creature who needs a new attentive owner who will sit and talk to her:) yes, I am that person, I talk to everyone, even myself, all people, everything that moves and doesn't :) lol, anyway, if you think you have such a girl - I will be glad to give her a home:) I have an excellent record of feeding animals back to health, also the natural sunlight and fresh air year around help ( I live in southern California aka t-shirt weather year around:), as well as extensive exercise (outdoor pens), however I am proud to say that I have also successfully fixed previous pyramiding in younger adult, rehydrated the dehydrated ones, stopped shell rot, cured one case of respiratory infection in box turtle, i even have an operation of ear abscess under my belt, so what I am saying is I take care of my flock:) out of all of my tortoises and turtles - 50% are true rescues :) others I paid crazy money for:)
I will pay for shipping if you are out of state, if you have such a puppy - and want to give her an outdoor life in Californian sun - I am here, text me 805-410 2047, please no phone calls, we have nap times here still :) thank you, and happy turtling:)

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
they are the silliest things:) I am determined to have a full russian herd:) my little moo-s:)
I have Slonik, most likely an adult:) I am no expert but I would estimate him at at least 8 years of age, about 6 inches
Pushkin ( an illusive little creepy crawler) and Peter the Great (very deserving name, outgoing and curious), are four years old but are already passing the 5 inch mark, they grew nearly an inch ( I know it sounds impossible) since they left someone's aquarium and moved outdoors - outdoors does miracles to torts and turts:)
And I have B'ichok (lil Bull) who is a tiny tiny buddy of supposedly 1 year of age, but i am not so sure he is about 2.5 inches

and here is another thing I heard that may be wrong: females will mate with multiple mates per season. True? or do they have no choice, especially in captivity? in BBC nature documentary they made it sound that the female torts will only mate because they are tired of two day harassment and following, this was said specifically about sulcatas, but i would imagine the situation is similar in other breeds too.
on that note:
Hello everyone, I am apparently now looking for two or three Russian females:) hopefully some will come up in my local shelter where I got poor terrified Slonik from a metal box and a rag for floor cover. Scary... and he was, i will not go into detail, but damn he was scared:) but no more, I love his sweet soul, rescues are the best, they respond so fast to love and touch, it is just so miraculous to me to see them bloom and open up like a flower:)

bwusstig

5 Year Member
Hello, I have several female Russian tortoises available. They don't "need to be rescued" but have been given great care for the past 1-3 years (depending on the individual you select). I'm also in southern California, so that would be convenient. If you're interested in some healthy, well-acclimated, de-wormed, and egg laying Russian tortoises, please message me and we can work it out.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
Hello, I have several female Russian tortoises available. They don't "need to be rescued" but have been given great care for the past 1-3 years (depending on the individual you select). I'm also in southern California, so that would be convenient. If you're interested in some healthy, well-acclimated, de-wormed, and egg laying Russian tortoises, please message me and we can work it out.
yes i am text me please 8054102047

K8E K

5 Year Member
N. CA
There are several (3? 4?) Russians at the modesto animal shelter. I'm happy to forward along contact info if you're up for a bit of a trip up north. There are also several boxies.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
There are several (3? 4?) Russians at the modesto animal shelter. I'm happy to forward along contact info if you're up for a bit of a trip up north. There are also several boxies.
Unless you are willing to ship them to me I have no way of getting there:) thanks for keeping an eye out:) I have an army of boxies now:) If you are near and willing to pick them up and ship, I am all game:)