Runt loves to soak !

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I think there is an optical illusion. It looks like there are two in the 4th picture!

I've always been a fan of soaking my lizards and snakes too. I don't think most people do that very often.

Another thing I like to do for all of them is make a humid hide box. I use a plastic box of the correct size for the animal and cut out a round hole just big enough for the lizard or snake. Then I use damp coco coir or coco chips inside. I always got perfect sheds this way.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I think there is an optical illusion. It looks like there are two in the 4th picture!

I've always been a fan of soaking my lizards and snakes too. I don't think most people do that very often.

Another thing I like to do for all of them is make a humid hide box. I use a plastic box of the correct size for the animal and cut out a round hole just big enough for the lizard or snake. Then I use damp coco coir or coco chips inside. I always got perfect sheds this way.

Another great thing about regular soaks for them is it eliminates the problem of reptile mite's ! I am not on my PC now but I need to look at that last pic again in the A.M. ! I think a lot of people try to soak in cool water and are unsuccessful . People never think twice about basking temps but don't seem to grasp the idea of nice warm water !

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I think the flash caused the picture to come out that way . I think the "humid hide" idea is great , I just have never had much luck getting them to stay in there . Slick , my BTS used to enjoy pushing it all around his enclosure and I finally just gave up on the idea . They both have and use water dishes big enough to soak in , plus the warm water soaks often as I can . So far so good .