Runny Russian

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle
My RT has had diarrhea for a few weeks. He's had a few solid poos but mostly pretty runny.
He's always been a good eater and I give him a variety of greens (tho he doesn't like kale, collards or mustards). He eats a lot of dandelion, clover, weeds and grass in the spring and summer and grocery store greens in the winter. He's never had the runs till recently. I've had him for a year.
A few weeks ago I bought a head of Endive which he LOVES, and fed him that till it was gone, then went thru a head of Escarole. He's been eating spring mix for the last day or 2 and I just gave him some Timothy hay today hoping that might help firm things up. I also added a container of wheatgrass to his enclosure a few days ago as he likes to snack on that too.
I'm planning to keep him on the spring mix and Timothy hay for a week and see if things get better. If not better I was planning to take him to the vet. I'm a little worried tho and wonder what advice you all have. Does this sounds like a good plan?

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
It does sound like a good plan, if You have mazuri mix it we and cut up a bunch of hay in tiny half inch pieces. mix the mazuri and hay together and feed that to your tort it will firm him up in no time. feeding just spring mix will usually give your tort a runny bowel the older he gets.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
SulcataSquirt said:
It does sound like a good plan, if You have mazuri mix it we and cut up a bunch of hay in tiny half inch pieces. mix the mazuri and hay together and feed that to your tort it will firm him up in no time. feeding just spring mix will usually give your tort a runny bowel the older he gets.

Thanks I will give that a try. I have not given him Mazuri before. I will pick some up this weekend.