RT Grandma worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Well, it is possible he expelled the worms. It might be a good idea to get another fecal done in about 4 weeks if you want to be sure, after all of your efforts.
Hope the eye symptoms were irritation and not a URI. Will Petco keep him separate from the other torts?

anagy007

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
Well, it is possible he expelled the worms. It might be a good idea to get another fecal done in about 4 weeks if you want to be sure, after all of your efforts.
Hope the eye symptoms were irritation and not a URI. Will Petco keep him separate from the other torts?

Yes, They will keep him separated and waiting for us.

I have another question about the lights. We are using a Powersun 100W MVB bulb with a lamp stand. We bought an extra one from entirelypets as a back up. On the one I am using I noticed that it seems a bit spotty. I looked at our back up and it has a nice smooth surface coating on the inside. Do you think this could be a defective bulb? I will try to get a picture up, but I'm not sure you will be able to see what I am talking about.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
A picture might help.
I just looked at one of my older ones, and the coating seems smooth.
There are warranty cards that come with your bulbs.Be sure to fill those out and send them in as Zoomed has a good return and replace policy.
Why don't you hook up the back up bulb and 'burn it in' (keep it on for a period of time, 24 hours?, prior to using it around your tort, which is what they advise, I believe). Then it is ready to go.
Maybe you want to start with that one and look into returning the spotty one?

anagy007

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
A picture might help.
I just looked at one of my older ones, and the coating seems smooth.
There are warranty cards that come with your bulbs.Be sure to fill those out and send them in as Zoomed has a good return and replace policy.
Why don't you hook up the back up bulb and 'burn it in' (keep it on for a period of time, 24 hours?, prior to using it around your tort, which is what they advise, I believe). Then it is ready to go.
Maybe you want to start with that one and look into returning the spotty one?

Thanks Lynn, That is my plan. I'm not willing to take the chance.

anagy007

5 Year Member
RE: RT Grandma worried UPDATE

Well, we finally got him back last week. No sign of worms. Not rubbing his eyes. Eating well and active. We are so happy. We returned the spotty bulb. We have been feeding him a variety of greens. He does seem to like the radicchio. I bought endive and escarole but he picks around the endive. Little bugger. Lol. Anyway, thank you to everyone for all of the help. We look forward to a long life with our little friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.