RT eggs

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ocala, Fl
How long have yours been in the incubator? And what temp? Just curious haha, mine has been in for exactly 3 weeks and I saw what looked like veins.

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
How long have yours been in the incubator? And what temp? Just curious haha, mine has been in for exactly 3 weeks and I saw what looked like veins.
RT female “Lady “ laid 1 on 3/3/21 another a day after. I candled 3 times. After a few days. Saw nothing. Around 3 weeks. Still not much but nice chalking. Then around 5 weeks. Looks like little dark dimes. Idk. Have the Hovenator set for 86 with a couple old school temp gauge as well as smart gauges. It is hard to get the temperature perfectly dialed in. I frequently have to go up or down a few degrees. I’m careful not to get too hot so sometimes on a cold day at work I see it 80 or so. Then dial in and repeat. I don’t like the built in thermostat. However eggs are monitored nonstop in hope. Keeping the humidity 75. Never make any fast adjustments so they don’t stress crack. It’s a bit like a part time job.

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
Like when I got home it was 79. Press 2 degrees up. 20 minutes later it was 90. So I slowly vent down to 86 ish. Never stays. I called co. They blame it on fluctuations in room temperature. It is not. Mine has a crappy thermostat.

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Like when I got home it was 79. Press 2 degrees up. 20 minutes later it was 90. So I slowly vent down to 86 ish. Never stays. I called co. They blame it on fluctuations in room temperature. It is not. Mine has a crappy thermostat.
Wow okay thanks. Hopefully those fluctuations don't have too much of a negative impact on the eggs. Keep us updated, hopefully yours hatch!

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
I would get a new incubator quickly for peace of mind and safety of the eggs.. Mine was 50$ and holds temps perfectly

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
Still hoping. Just over 90 days. Something is in there. Let us hope that they are developed and healthy. Know soon.