Rowan has pneumonia

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
What a pretty smooth boy! Glad he is back to being a tiny terror.
His shell is smooth due to all the wonderful advice I've gotten on this forum!

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Rowan finished his antibiotics yesterday. I took him for a checkup two days before, and he looked good. On the way home, I took him (in his little bag) into a store and accidentally dropped him. The little guy threw up. So right back to the vet. He still looked good, but the vet said it's possible he aspirated the vomit and could get pneumonia again. Poor little guy.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Rowan finished his antibiotics yesterday. I took him for a checkup two days before, and he looked good. On the way home, I took him (in his little bag) into a store and accidentally dropped him. The little guy threw up. So right back to the vet. He still looked good, but the vet said it's possible he aspirated the vomit and could get pneumonia again. Poor little guy.

Poor boy can't catch a break. We had our largest female redfoot puke once. Same story, she was dropped (from about a foot by a 4 year old as we screamed at him to NOT pick up the tortoises for the Nth time) - She seemed a little upset after the ordeal, but she was fine. Go figure he'd drop the nicest gentlest tortoise we have and not one of the ones that would be clawing and wiggling.