Rose of Sharon?

nicoleann2214

Location (City and/or State)
NY
Hey guys this is growing across the street I used a plant photo ID and it says it’s rose of Sharon but I wanna double check it’s okay to feed my sully?

Attachments

• 4DC44911-189C-4914-9D1B-804215715669.png
    4DC44911-189C-4914-9D1B-804215715669.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 63

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Yep, great food, the flowers and leaves.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yep feed away.
If you want, cut some branches, stick in water until roots develope and then plant. You can also plant the seeds that will show up in the fall. Make sure they are dried then plant.

nicoleann2214

NY
Yep feed away.
If you want, cut some branches, stick in water until roots develope and then plant. You can also plant the seeds that will show up in the fall. Make sure they are dried then plant.
Okay I’m gonna try to grow some in her enclosure I hope she’ll like it!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay I’m gonna try to grow some in her enclosure I hope she’ll like it!
Some times it takes some coaxing to get them to eat new food. If she doesnt eat it right away, chop it up fine along with finely chopped favorite food and mix together and spritz with water. As she eats this mix less and less of the other foods. Eventually she will take to eating it without the fussing.

Skip K

Virginia
Put in a dwarf Rose Of Sharon ( hibiscus) bush near one of the enclosures. Been pumping out flowers ever since. All my torts love the flowers but the baby Sulcatas don’t seem to like the stigma/anther too much and eat around them. I got a dwarf ROS because it doesn’t get too tall and is cold weather tolerant. I’m also attempting to propagate new ROS. Have tried many different procedures using various info sources on YouTube...one ( fingers crossed) seems to be working

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey guys this is growing across the street I used a plant photo ID and it says it’s rose of Sharon but I wanna double check it’s okay to feed my sully?
Make sure it hasn't been sprayed with any pesticides before feeding anything we find on property other than our own. I have four Rose of Sharon and four Hibiscus. The tortoises just love them all.