Road trip

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
So I drove 760 miles in 11 hours. I don't know if that's good or bad. I had Big Sam in a big covered tote, and my cat Smokey slept under the dash
100_5115.JPG
100_5116.JPG
At about Weed (snic) I started to see fire damage, this is all I could get of Mt Shasta
100_5110.JPG
100_5106.JPG
My sister doesn't seem to post pictures of her animals, I post a new thread complete with pictures if my tortoises get up in the morning. Anyway, this is Dudley, and I am posting this because this is a big freakin animal.
Oh man, here he comes, he chases me because he's very terratoreal. Dudley's front legs are bigger than my 2 arms put together. He's beefy as hell. I bet he weighs 150 +100_5118.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
760 miles in 11 hours please say you took some long meal and potty breaks otherwise ?. My 432 back to Ohio has a best time of 6 hours Once like that is enough
Typo 860 miles in 11 hours. And no, when I stop for fuel I pee and leave. I eat while I'm driving, and only stop for fuel.
But when here, I went to the store about 3:30, there were no wheelchair victim parking spaces so I went down an aisle and noticed 2 cars behind me, probably ain't nothin, I park, lock the car which I NEVER do (it has a kill switch) the 2 cars park and "hey lady", "can we talk for a minute?" . They both acted like they had just found the Holy Grail; I should have made a video of the whole thing. The guys went over my car asking questions and tellin me how "clean" it was. After about 15 minutes, one guy offered me 10 grand for it. The guy who took Sam acted the same way. I'm in the San Joaquin Valley, Low riders abound. Now for some of you realistically speaking, my beloved Camaro is worth about $2000 on a good day. So shoot me for not taking that offer, I'll never see another one like that, offer that is. Low riders are car guys. and it was fun to talk to them. Very knowledgeable about my 3rd generation IROC-Z. Time for NASCAR...

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Typo 860 miles in 11 hours. And no, when I stop for fuel I pee and leave. I eat while I'm driving, and only stop for fuel.
But when here, I went to the store about 3:30, there were no wheelchair victim parking spaces so I went down an aisle and noticed 2 cars behind me, probably ain't nothin, I park, lock the car which I NEVER do (it has a kill switch) the 2 cars park and "hey lady", "can we talk for a minute?" . They both acted like they had just found the Holy Grail; I should have made a video of the whole thing. The guys went over my car asking questions and tellin me how "clean" it was. After about 15 minutes, one guy offered me 10 grand for it. The guy who took Sam acted the same way. I'm in the San Joaquin Valley, Low riders abound. Now for some of you realistically speaking, my beloved Camaro is worth about $2000 on a good day. So shoot me for not taking that offer, I'll never see another one like that, offer that is. Low riders are car guys. and it was fun to talk to them. Very knowledgeable about my 3rd generation IROC-Z. Time for NASCAR...
It must of been those new IROC-Z logo rim caps.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Now 860 miles in 11 hours with bladder/fuel stops is very respectibal indeed!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Dudley is massive. His front legs are bigger than my arms. He has gotten so big that I simply stood in his pen mesmerised. Massive. She used to have Bo and So, Albabrans, so it's not like I haven't seen big torts. My Bob was big. Dudley is huge, and I think..oh hell, I'm missing the pre race stuff. My track, my dream track. It's Talladega.
Trip to be continued post race. But lookit what I FOUND and got to keep
100_5166.JPG
100_5160.JPG
I FOUND him in the 3-toed pen. So then I kept going out and looking for more, lol. I haven't had a baby in a long time, but here is Reef2, named after a close friend. Temporarily he's in about a 1 gallon container, in cypress mulch, in a tort table with other box turtles. So he's getting dim light, and ambient heat. Post race I'm going back to Pet Smart for a small radiant heat panel, oh four F-16's flying over the track. Gotta go
100_5156.JPG
What a dirty look coming from such a small being. I just am really taken with him. And a dog chewed T. ornata, gotta go

Last edited:

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Dudley is massive. His front legs are bigger than my arms. He has gotten so big that I simply stood in his pen mesmerised. Massive. She used to have Bo and So, Albabrans, so it's not like I haven't seen big torts. My Bob was big. Dudley is huge, and I think..oh hell, I'm missing the pre race stuff. My track, my dream track. It's Talladega.
Trip to be continued post race. But lookit what I FOUND and got to keep
View attachment 308051
View attachment 308052
I FOUND him in the 3-toed pen. So then I kept going out and looking for more, lol. I haven't had a baby in a long time, but here is Reef2, named after a close friend. Temporarily he's in about a 1 gallon container, in cypress mulch, in a tort table with other box turtles. So he's getting dim light, and ambient heat. Post race I'm going back to Pet Smart for a small radiant heat panel, oh four F-16's flying over the track. Gotta go
View attachment 308056
What a dirty look coming from such a small being. I just am really taken with him. And a dog chewed T. ornata, gotta go
Oh man do I miss the old school flyovers! Richmond RIR is 1.5 miles from my house and I can hear the cars on track day! But the flyovers are the best due to the approach paths at RIC they usually wind up over my house! Years ago a trio of F16’s rocked my house as they came over “on the deck”

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
That's like an average of 78 mph.
Not too shabby!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Any new member that buys a Sulcata needs to see Dudley.
What sized tortoise table does HE live in?
It's interesting how my sister cares for Dudley. His pen is made using old wood fencing. It's about the size of 2 normal back yards. Every once in a while she cuts a branch from her oh so hugh Mulberry tree and throws it in his pen. He has green and dry graze, and that's all. So I show up and start giving him tort food. Oops. I'm not sure how many Leopards she has. From 1 pound to Sulcata size sorta. She dosen't feed them either. They have graze and bushes to pick at. She has an orange tree in the Leo yard. Bigass oranges, green now except for 1 lousy orange is orange and I watch a 2 or 3 lb Leopard eat that orange, the whole thing, from the peel, seeds, rind and fruit. Amazing. I'm thinkin that my favorite pens were a toss up from the 5 box turtle pens, to the California desert tortoises (Gopherus agassizii) BIG pen and the Texas torts big pen. And the tortoises are so mellow and sweet. She has a small Texas tort in a pen by himself and I wanted him so bad. I almost tort napped him, but she knows where I live. For the first time I found a brand new box turtle baby. Tiny with his egg tooth still. I was so excited I was acting like a crazy thing. Here is Reef2, named after my close friend and neighbor. Brand new life,
100_5159.JPG
Such a grumpy lookin face for such a sweet baby.
100_5156.JPG
He's in a 1 gallon container, with cypress mulch and a water feature in a tort table with 3 box turtles
100_5161.JPG
After a quarantine period, I will add a dog chewed T. ornata ornata that Y gave me to this enclosure . She's not eating, and hasn't eaten for quite a while. I gavaged her Critical Care, and she tried to bite a strawberry, but she's too weak. She can't even push herself around.
That's one of my 3 legged box turtles in the bottom photo, and a blind Eastern. A deformed 3-toed in the food dish

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Man, I don't get anything dropped off out of the blue.
Some find tortoise, others cats, now great looking cool plants.
My neighborhood sucks??
Man, I don't get anything dropped off out of the blue.
Some find tortoise, others cats, now great looking cool plants.
My neighborhood sucks??
Wasn't my neighborhood, I sold my soul to the devil and slaved for my sister who broke her right knee and left wrist. She had surgery on the wrist, they put a steel plate in. She was mainly confined in a recliner chair, and I was outside in the 150 degree heat, feeding and playing with turtles and tortoises. And best of all I finally, actually, really found a turtle!! I was so excited that if I wasn't so dehydrated I'da peed! Teeny tiny recently hatched. And the Nazi moderator let me keep him!
Look!
100_5159.JPG
oh too cute Grumpyface
100_5156.JPG
He's not eating yet, so it's the carrot soaks for now. I bought the smallest meal worms living. It looked like they scared him. Y thinks he's a hybrid 3-toed and I forget what. But somehow he feels stronger daily in my hand. I also got to bring home a small female Terrapine ornata ornata (is that right?). Dog chewed down to bone. Not eating and getting weaker. She tries to move her front legs to rub an eye, but really can't move. So I'm working hard on her. So far her weight seems ok.
I tried real hard for a small Texas tortoise, but she stayed strong. Very stingy with her tortoises this time. But I'm happy with box turtles, I really like them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wasn't my neighborhood, I sold my soul to the devil and slaved for my sister who broke her right knee and left wrist. She had surgery on the wrist, they put a steel plate in. She was mainly confined in a recliner chair, and I was outside in the 150 degree heat, feeding and playing with turtles and tortoises. And best of all I finally, actually, really found a turtle!! I was so excited that if I wasn't so dehydrated I'da peed! Teeny tiny recently hatched. And the Nazi moderator let me keep him!
Look!
View attachment 308364
oh too cute Grumpyface
View attachment 308365
He's not eating yet, so it's the carrot soaks for now. I bought the smallest meal worms living. It looked like they scared him. Y thinks he's a hybrid 3-toed and I forget what. But somehow he feels stronger daily in my hand. I also got to bring home a small female Terrapine ornata ornata (is that right?). Dog chewed down to bone. Not eating and getting weaker. She tries to move her front legs to rub an eye, but really can't move. So I'm working hard on her. So far her weight seems ok.
I tried real hard for a small Texas tortoise, but she stayed strong. Very stingy with her tortoises this time. But I'm happy with box turtles, I really like them.
What a great sis, to go help Yvonne.
But I wonder, how much she could have really stopped you, if ya had put a Texas tort in the car. Your slipping ??.
That little one so cute. Good luck with the two you did get.