RIP Grumpyface

m irwin

Location (City and/or State)
Dallas
Sorry to hear - you spend so much time and effort to to give them the best care and then equipment failure. For what it's worth, I use a CHE at times and have it plugged into a Zoomed "Reptitemp Digital Thermostat". You set what temp you want and it cycles on and off to keep it close to that temp. Has worked flawlessly for me. I'm not sure my CHE could even get 135* hot... Hang in there!

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
Grumpyface was healthy and happy. I was freakin happy to have him,
Yesterday his CHE had died so I put a new one in his tank, and this morning it was 135 degrees in there and GF was dead.
Frankly I don't even know what to say damn it
Oh how sorry I am for your loss. I lost a really nice turtle to a heater overheating a year ago. It is really a sad thing. Especially since you thought you were just doing the right thing.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Aw'ww Maggie, I'm So sorry.
It's tragic when something like this happens. You'd never suspect that a CHE would do this. I guess as a fail/safe a Digital Temp controller would be good. Sometimes try as we might, things just go haywire, I'm sure you gave Grumpyface a great life. I hope you can find peace in knowing and realizing that.
My prayers for you and Grumpyface. I lost my Hermann's last November and I still miss the guy.

Nash

5 Year Member
S. New Mexico
Dear Maggie, I'm so sorry! You take such good care of your tortoises and help us take care of ours. For something to happen like this helps us to be extra careful too.

Obbie

Minnesota
Grumpyface was healthy and happy. I was freakin happy to have him,
Yesterday his CHE had died so I put a new one in his tank, and this morning it was 135 degrees in there and GF was dead.
Frankly I don't even know what to say damn it
Please don’t kick yourself. Concentrate on grieving, praying for your heart to heal

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh no! I've just seen this and I'm so very sad for you.
He looked a real character and I enjoyed your posts about him.
Take care, Maggie.