Right temp during the night for Hermanns tort

Bradley M

Location (City and/or State)
Portsmouth
Hello!
Very new to this, got my little tort only days ago (almost a week) names Marlo. He seems pretty healthy although I keep being told different things. During the day the enclosure maintains a temp between 30-32 on the hot end and 25-27 down the cool end. The thing that confuses me is at night, do I leave the heat lamp on? I know the UV lamp goes off to mimic night time for him but not 100% on the other lamp for heat, my room is neither cold or hot it's balanced but it has been cold outside.

Marlo is sleeping alot but I know that is normal. I don't want to handle him alot or not at all unless I need too, should I bath him in the morning? Just worried about night times, he's eating fine and as far as I can see he is also drinking.

S2G

AL
The uv comes on for 4hrs & basking incandescent flood is on 12 off 12 @ 98F. I use a ceramic heat element to maintain ambient 80F during the day & it's set for 65F at night. Basically room temp at night down to 65F. Then led full spec lights for plants

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It should only be 80F during the day with 95-100F for a basking spot.
Humidity for an adult 50%, hatchling closer to 80%
Night time can drop to 60F

Bradley M

Portsmouth
The uv comes on for 4hrs & basking incandescent flood is on 12 off 12 @ 98F. I use a ceramic heat element to maintain ambient 80F during the day & it's set for 65F at night. Basically room temp at night down to 65F. Then led full spec lights for plants
The temperature is at reasonable temp, last night it was 66F so think that was okay as long as its not staying high.

Thank you for the info, I'm trying to get into a routine of checking the temp and also giving marlo a morning soak, I did this morning and he loved it.