RHP advice

DanH44

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse NY
My 2x4 closed chamber enclosure for my baby redfoots is getting to about 75 degrees with just a basking light running. I keep hearing that Redfoots don’t really bask. I was thinking about getting a 40w RHP and mounting it on the back wall with a thermostat to get the temps abit higher. So all I would really need is the RHP and the tube UVB lamp that I have for the whole enclosure. Does anyone have experience with using a RHP and does it easily mount to a wooden wall?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
My 2x4 closed chamber enclosure for my baby redfoots is getting to about 75 degrees with just a basking light running. I keep hearing that Redfoots don’t really bask. I was thinking about getting a 40w RHP and mounting it on the back wall with a thermostat to get the temps abit higher. So all I would really need is the RHP and the tube UVB lamp that I have for the whole enclosure. Does anyone have experience with using a RHP and does it easily mount to a wooden wall?

They come with all the mounting gear. Basically, plug and play. Just two screws into the preformed holes into your surface. I mounted mine into the roof. Very very very easy to install.

Quadro

SC
I’m in the same position right now wanting to get a RHP but very confused because I’ve been looking at several places that sell them and someone that was interested asked the seller what watt for their outside enclosure and they told them they don’t recommend them for outside so hopefully someone will give you feedback and enlighten us both ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I’m in the same position right now wanting to get a RHP but very confused because I’ve been looking at several places that sell them and someone that was interested asked the seller what watt for their outside enclosure and they told them they don’t recommend them for outside so hopefully someone will give you feedback and enlighten us both ?

They need to be inside the “night house”.... many ppl mount on/in the roof, some on the walls.

@Kapidolo Farms here on the Forum sells them..

✅ ReptileBasics has a nice variety.... https://www.reptilebasics.com/rbi-radiant-heat-panels

Quadro

SC