Revised plan for outdoor enclosure

4jean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York State
Yesterday I attempted an outdoor garden area for Nelson, my 2inch Hermanns tortoise. After advice from forum members I have taken out the fencing and replaced it with a stone wall. I have netting that stretches over the top to keep birds out. He will spend some time each day weather permitting in his garden. It is about 5ft by 3.5ft. Open for critique and suggestions!
You can see Nelson in the 2nd pic under a rose bush. ImageUploadedByTortForum1401641432.072267.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1401641457.014519.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1401641470.893815.jpg
I am encouraging weeds to grow, so far he has rose bushes, viola, chicks-n-hens, dandelion.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks nice. The only think I might suggest is burying the water dish a little lower, ground level. Of course unless your tort is bigger then I am thinking.

4jean

5 Year Member
New York State
He seemed to have a very adventurous day. He grazed around, sat under the rose bushes, spent time in each of his 3 shady caves and soaked in his water. It is really really nice having him spend time outside. This is my first experience owning a tort. Got him in Dec. it's been a long cold winter in NY. Really enjoying making him an outdoor habitat. He didn't even seem to mind having a leaf stuck to his nose (see pic)ImageUploadedByTortForum1401664429.698027.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lovely...You've done a very nice job. Great place for the tortoise, and a nice addition to the landscape.