Revamp enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich

5 Year Member
I live in Ontario Canada so needless to say it's minus eight million this time of year so my little tort is stuck indoors but I've now got a good supply of safe plants I rotate in and out of her enclousre just to mix it up :) She doesn't actually touch any of them, not even the potted roses.

Enclosure_zpsc29be4ba.jpg

enclosure2_zpsacf9ba9b.jpg

enclosure3_zps818ee49e.jpg

enclosure4_zps5aba402c.jpg

Mich

5 Year Member
I "cheated", its simply an 8'x4' wardrobe that I sealed with silicone and covered in plastic tarping lol

There were a lot more hanging plants I'd like hang off the sides but I had a hard time determining if they were safe or not .. such as the Blue Star Fern, I know some ferns like the Boston Fern are ok but couldn't find any info on the Blue Star. There were also some other succulents that I liked but again wasn't 100% sure on a few so I passed. I ended up with some potted roses, a rubber tree, few types of spider plants, hens and chickens, jade, aloe and violets. Come spring I'll have a LOT more to choose from like marigold and hibiscus type things, right now our garden centers are bare and other places like Home Depot just has plants listed as "tropical" and no one working there knows the actual names of them which makes is harder to look up.

I'm also going to add a small area of soil in the top right corner and some hay in the top left in her sleeping space.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
That's a great idea for inside enclosure. I may try that. Thanks.

Mich

5 Year Member
The larger piece of driftwood looks like its dividing her enclosure but its actually humped in the middle so it makes a bridge that she can easily walk under and she can also go under the end by the lower right corner. At first I thought it was an ugly piece of wood but it serves 2 great purposes .. it adds a bit of an "obstacle" so her enclosure isn't so bare and is serves as a great ramp for my nosey iguana so he can get in and out without destroying my plants or knocking over my lights! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.