Responsible Sale of 4 year old male Hermans

Anita Anderson

I have two four year old Male Hermans who I very sadly need to sell.They both have Deluxe Vivexotic Walnut tables tables and outdoor houses. In the Summer we created a big enclosure in the garden with pet/guinea pig fencing. Indoors they share lamps across two joined tables. I think that I should sell them separately as they constantly try to butt and bite and have sex with other. They seem very aggressive towards one another. And I have to separate them. I wanted to find out if

a) it is kind to sell them separately -might they have some attachment with each other (my sons concern) and

b) where should I sell them rot ensure that they have a good home. I have a dedicated fridge with thermostat and weigh them every week.I would like to think that the new owners could hibernate them safely. So far so good for me. I can give the new owners instructions but not the fridge. This is all a bit of a ramble but some advice on a and b would be so appreciated

zovick

10 Year Member!
I have two four year old Male Hermans who I very sadly need to sell.They both have Deluxe Vivexotic Walnut tables tables and outdoor houses. In the Summer we created a big enclosure in the garden with pet/guinea pig fencing. Indoors they share lamps across two joined tables. I think that I should sell them separately as they constantly try to butt and bite and have sex with other. They seem very aggressive towards one another. And I have to separate them. I wanted to find out if

a) it is kind to sell them separately -might they have some attachment with each other (my sons concern) and

b) where should I sell them rot ensure that they have a good home. I have a dedicated fridge with thermostat and weigh them every week.I would like to think that the new owners could hibernate them safely. So far so good for me. I can give the new owners instructions but not the fridge. This is all a bit of a ramble but some advice on a and b would be so appreciated
You should definitely make every effort to sell them separately. Tortoises do not "bond" with each other or form "friendships" with other tortoises. They are basically "loners" unless they are forced to live together by humans.

In fact, you have actually answered your own question about selling them separately or together. They will never get along together, so you should sell them separately unless you are able to find a buyer who understands that they cannot be housed in the same enclosure or one of them may ultimately cause the death of the other one.

There is a classified ad section on this site where ads can be placed at no charge, but unless something has changed, I think doing so requires that you have posted at least 100 times on the TFO. You can advertise for free on Fauna Classifieds: https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/