rescue claims it is a sulcata!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I didn't call, but I left a message in their "suggestion box." You would think a rescue in PALMDALE would know the difference, for pete's sake. You're right. It's a desert tortoise.

creepy-crawler

5 Year Member
SoCal
the scary part is that she argued back and when i told her i will alert california turtle and tortoise club the clerk lady said that she has already spoken to the club and they were the one who identified it as sulcata. which is impossible. i left a message on facebook to the club but there is nothing else i could do. palmdale is a bit of drive for me to go talk to anyone with the proof in person.

creepy-crawler

5 Year Member
SoCal
it was not adopted, it was removed from the site, something finally worked, most likely they were contacted by the CTTC and were forced to release the tortoise to them. thanks everyone:) mission accomplished :)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I left a message on their page saying it wasn't a sulcata, they probably got a bunch.

Elijah

Los Angeles CA
[QUOTEI didn't call, but I left a message in their "suggestion box." You would think a rescue in PALMDALE would know the difference, for pete's sake. You're right. It's a desert tortoise.][/QUOTE] I live in Los Angeles and I totally believe nobody in Palmdale WOULD know what this tortoise is. Palmdale isn't a good part of town. LOL But yes, Yvonne is right. They're probably thinking it's a sulcata because of the shell colors, but the front two legs are a total giveaway. Anyway, you SHOULD alert California wild life conservation because they would have athoratah! and arrest them for illegally selling protected species. For real. You can do jail time for selling cali deserts.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
[QUOTEI didn't call, but I left a message in their "suggestion box." You would think a rescue in PALMDALE would know the difference, for pete's sake. You're right. It's a desert tortoise.]
Haha respect my authoratah!