Res bloating

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I may have gotten mixed up . There was a thread made with a slider with a swollen neck . I don't know how mods keep up with all these post . If anyone remembers it maybe good to post the link so the op can see if it's the same problem . Most of the time a swollen neck is an infection . So a vet is needed .

Beanie RES

You need to take it to a vet . They will drain it and give you meds . This is like a boil . Its full of nasty stuff . They will cut him drain and clean the stuff out . Then send it home with meds . This will not go away all by itself . It can kill the the turtle . So please take him to a vet .
I'd like to but i live in a small town where i cnt find any vet who treats turtles...

Beanie RES

I did some research and found some similar pictures on google when i type in "turtle swollen throat". It seems that she has some kind of infection that has sth to do with herbicide? I don really understand the article i read and i cant copy the link. English isn my first language so ... Well i cnt find any articles on the treatment though. So if anyone knows anything about it, pls tell me. Theres no vet who treats turtles where i live.