Reptile show at greater oaks PA!! 2/13

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I have never been to an exotic pets expo. Do they usually have educational lectures? I think I would enjoy that.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I got one coming march 28th! Last one got canceled :rolleyes: covid prob saved me some cash

TaylorTortoise

Abington
@TaylorTortoise It is supposed to be happening again this coming weekend, July 24. I plan to attend to see if I can my first tortoise.
I wanted to go this weekend,But I am going down the shore.
Are you from around the area? I would love to see what you get if you do decide to make a purchase.
Goodluck!!!

Reactions: Ink

Gamtauru

Pottstown, Pa
Yes, I live in the area. I used to live closer to Philly, but I moved closer to Collegeville for work. I'll post pick if I get one from the show. I am a bit undecided between a western Hermann, eastern Hermann, or Russian tortoise.
I wanted to go this weekend,But I am going down the shore.
Are you from around the area? I would love to see what you get if you do decide to make a purchase.
Goodluck!!!

Gamtauru

Pottstown, Pa
@TaylorTortoise I got two baby Ibera Greek Tortoises there on Saturday. I had to prep a smaller enclosure since the main one is too big. One has scared me thinking he got breathing issues but the vet said he is ok and gave me some advice to follow.

Attachments

• 20210724_124049.jpg
    20210724_124049.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210724_172155.jpg
    20210724_172155.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210725_071311.jpg
    20210725_071311.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Ohh my gosh!!!! They are so so tiny. I did not see any ibera greek tortoises when I went. You were lucky. It must be a hit or miss there with different species all the time. Did you get two opposite sex? And are they hatchlings?

TaylorTortoise

Abington
@TaylorTortoise I got two baby Ibera Greek Tortoises there on Saturday. I had to prep a smaller enclosure since the main one is too big. One has scared me thinking he got breathing issues but the vet said he is ok and gave me some advice to follow.
I would suggest covering half the enclosure with plexi glass or cabinet liner to help with humdity. The babies are going to need a lot if spraying and dampness in there in the subtrate. You’ll want to invest in buying a garden thermometer to check levels too.

Gamtauru

Pottstown, Pa
Ohh my gosh!!!! They are so so tiny. I did not see any ibera greek tortoises when I went. You were lucky. It must be a hit or miss there with different species all the time. Did you get two opposite sex? And are they hatchlings?
Yeah, they are hatchlings and they said they are about a month old. Too young to tell the sex yet. I have a screen on top and mist the enclosure every morning while soaking them after the spot clean-up. They love burying themselves when they are done eating.