Reptibator

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I have a reptibator incubator, and I'm about to give up on it. Several clutches of RT eggs & one of box turtle eggs, and no hatchlings later... The temps cool down before the heat kicks on again, and I'm sure the setting doesn't reflect the true temp. I didn't trust the thermometer I used to calibrate it

If anyone has tips on how to make it work, I'd love to hear them! There's another clutch in there now, and I'd like them to hatch. Or the next clutch. Someday.

I'm using a fleece blanket to insulate it this year to maintain temps, trying not to open it, and I do believe the eggs are fertile. Thanks.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
If were talking about the same stand up model made of hard plastic ....I tossed mine out few years back .....poorly built with cheesy electronics. Although their marketing team does a great job!

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
It's styrofoam with a plastic top. The heating element is under the lid. It has a temp & humidity gauge.

I had a Rube Goldberg thing going previously but my spouse insisted I do it right & get a dedicated device. This was the only thing in town at the time & the pet store owner swore it worked well. A-hem.

Kicking myself for not buying the used hovobator that showed up on Craigslist afterwards.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
I haven't had any luck with mine either albeit these have been my first 2 clutches that I've ever incubated. I'd be interested in hearing if others have had issues with theirs as well as I am about to give up on mine and start new with something else.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have one. I've always used (for the past 20 years) Little Giant. But my partner bought me a Reptibator a few months ago and I have to say, I love it! I have a good thermometer on the floor of it and I go by that. I strive for 86F degrees. So I set it and an hour later looked at the temp on the thermometer. The digital reading on the lid was a couple degrees cooler than the reading of the thermometer, so I just kept adjusting back and forth until I had it where I wanted it. Every time I look inside, the thermometer says 86F degrees. It doesn't seem to cool down before it comes back on.

I love the size of it. I can fit two more little plastic tubs inside it than would fit in the Little Giant. And I love that it is deeper, so I can use little plastic tubs that are taller than what would fit in the Little Giant. So far I have hatched two clutches of leopard eggs in it and I now have two clutches of yellowfooted tortoise eggs in it.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Now you're just trying to make me look bad Yvonne! :mad: :D

Tortoise MasterMan

Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Are there any problems with the humidity gauge? I am looking in to buying a used one.