Not open for further replies.

mommybeegs

5 Year Member
This is so funny!!! I hope they let him have his treat afterwards though lol

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Wow, thats clever! I'm glad he got a big pile of apples at the end. :)

Seems like this sort of technology may work for getting the larger species to move where we want them to go. For example, getting a large sully up a ramp and into a vehicle for a vet trip.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't see the apple turning to follow the track. I wonder if the remote control device pushes at the top of the carapace, causing the tortoise to turn that way...similar to the way you guide a horse with your legs. I had to chuckle at the vid, however, at the same time I think its rather mean and I don't like it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I did think it was funny. I also, like emysemys, thought it was cruel. On the other hand, what a way to get a lazy tortoise some excercise. I was also wondering. I thought I seen the arm move, but not very much. Was it moving, to make his turn?

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I could see it turning, the tortoise just turned with it so fast it was a little hard to follow. At first I didn't like it, then he got his big reward so I think it was kinda cute.

MaggieofNarnia

5 Year Member
Kentucky
I thought it was really funny and very creative. He got his treat so I don't think it's mean, but maybe even good for the tortoise as a good form of mental stimulation.

Urtle

5 Year Member
I have mixed feelings about this one. Does not humor me and seems kinda pointless :/

Status
Not open for further replies.