Rehoming

Tiff

5 Year Member
Hi Guys,

I cannot provide the space (house is too small) for my three year old Yellow foot. I love him very much. I am very attached to him (or her). I would like to know how to find him a home. I would like to create a post on Craigslist.

If anyone is in the Washington DC area , i would feel very confident that he is going to a great home, i know that their are a lot of great tortoise keepers on this forum!!!

I do not know any breeder info. What should the rehoming fee be (he is priceless to me but i know that you should provide a rehoming fee to make sure that the new owner has the torts best interest in mind ).

I really appreciate the help!

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Youngstown, Ohio
There is a forum on here for selling or adoptions. You would probably get a much better response and would know your tortoise is going to a good home.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would avoid Craigslist and try this form to be honest with you. we have an adoption for free and for sale ads. I can't answer you on the price because there's not a lot of Yellowfoots out there.try to find an experienced keeper with redfoots at the very least.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, try selling on forum first. Be sure any member that contacts you is an active member. We do have some that lurk just to buy torts cheap and resell them for a profit.

Tiff

5 Year Member
I will utilize this forum to rehome him. You guys helped me from make a big mistake using craigslist. Thank you!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Guys,

I cannot provide the space (house is too small) for my three year old Yellow foot. I love him very much. I am very attached to him (or her). I would like to know how to find him a home. I would like to create a post on Craigslist.

If anyone is in the Washington DC area , i would feel very confident that he is going to a great home, i know that their are a lot of great tortoise keepers on this forum!!!

I do not know any breeder info. What should the rehoming fee be (he is priceless to me but i know that you should provide a rehoming fee to make sure that the new owner has the torts best interest in mind ).

I really appreciate the help!
I am so sorry you have to rehome your tort - not an easy decision but all credit to you for doing the right thing for your tort.
I hope he finds a lovely new home with an Active or Well Known Member here so that you can keep in touch and see how he is getting on.

Meganolvt

Michigan
I have a (for sure) male yellowfoot and have been wanting another. Most people on here say not to house two together, but some think it's ok. Has he been living alone the whole time?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wish we lived closer. I have a nice little colony of YF tortoises and I would love to have yours too.

Take a look at the YF tortoises for sale on Faunaclassified.com and kingsnake.com to get an idea of what price to ask.