Rehoming My Russian Tortoise (SoCal Area)

Location (City and/or State)
los angeles
Hi everyone,

I live in the Los Angeles area, I have a 7-10 years old Russian tortoise named Lemmy that I am looking to rehome.

I live in a small apartment and I can't provide enough space for her to live well. I have had her for 3 years now and she is very healthy. I soak her almost everyday, she loves fresh kale and dandelion but does not care about tortoise food. She is very sweet and easy to take care of she would never bite and likes being pet.

I am leaving the country in July and want to make sure she goes to a good home to someone who can keep her in an outside enclosure and can take good care of her.

If there is anyone interested please let me know. I love her very much and i want the best for her. There is no rehoming fee. if you are willing to pick her up, you can also take her enclosure and lamps.

Attachments

• IMG_4077_1.JPG
    IMG_4077_1.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 47

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Beware of new members asking to take her. They usually only post on threads giving away a tortoise. They want the free ones so they can sell them.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
If you are comfortable shipping, I would be interested. I would pay for the shipping, of course.

los angeles
If you are comfortable shipping, I would be interested. I would pay for the shipping, of course.

Hi, Thank you for your interest. I just have a few questions.

Do you have any other tortoises and if you do would you keep her in the same enclosure?

Do you keep your tortoises outdoors or indoors? ( can you provide pictures of the enclosure)

Are you looking to keep her as a pet or for other purposes?

I really want to make sure that she goes to the right person that will take good care of her.
Thank you.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Hi, Thank you for your interest. I just have a few questions.

Do you have any other tortoises and if you do would you keep her in the same enclosure? I have 3 others. 2 Hermann's, 1 Russian.

Do you keep your tortoises outdoors or indoors? ( can you provide pictures of the enclosure) I adopted the Russian (Tadashi) this winter so currently he is indoors. I am building him an outdoor enclosure as soon as the weather warms up. If I was to adopt Lemmy, I would revise the plan for a bigger enclosure.

Are you looking to keep her as a pet or for other purposes? I would be keeping her as a pet.

Let me know what you think. I'm in no rush so take your time.

I really want to make sure that she goes to the right person that will take good care of her.
Thank you.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Hi everyone,

I live in the Los Angeles area, I have a 7-10 years old Russian tortoise named Lemmy that I am looking to rehome.

I live in a small apartment and I can't provide enough space for her to live well. I have had her for 3 years now and she is very healthy. I soak her almost everyday, she loves fresh kale and dandelion but does not care about tortoise food. She is very sweet and easy to take care of she would never bite and likes being pet.

I am leaving the country in July and want to make sure she goes to a good home to someone who can keep her in an outside enclosure and can take good care of her.

If there is anyone interested please let me know. I love her very much and i want the best for her. There is no rehoming fee. if you are willing to pick her up, you can also take her enclosure and lamps.
Does she still need a good home? I live on 2 acres and build my own naturalistic enclosures. I mostly keep aquatic turtles and box turtles, but I currently don't own any tortoise. I would love to have a Russian because it is a species that is hardy and tolerable of my climate. I grow my own produce to feed turtles who are predominantly herbervore such as my river cooters. If you are willing to ship, I would gladly pay, and if you would like to see my enclosures I will show you.

mr_xxiv

Maywood
Hi everyone,

Hi I live in Los Angeles and I am willing to bring her in. Let me know if she still needs a loving home. I can pick up this weekend.

Trung6126

San Antonio Texas
Hi everyone,

[/QUOT I love to have her, are shipping

bsniegow

Aurora,Illinois
Hi everyone,

I’d love to give her a home ! Would you be willing to ship?