Rehoming my 7 y/o male Sulcata (DFW/NorthTX area) -Adoptions-

Parkers and Quinn

Location (City and/or State)
Dallas/FW TX
We are looking to rehome our 6-7 year old Male Sulcata (Horus) as we are relocating to the PNW and all that wet/cold makes for a bad life for a high desert critter. We have searched and reached out to multiple rescues here in the DFW/north TX area and unfortunately have had very little luck hearing back from anyone and are now running out of time.

First, I do not want any sort of fee, and I'm happy to give over any supplies -including lighting and whatever else have on hand.
I want to make sure he goes to someone with experience and the drive to keep him healthy and happy, long term.

I would like to discuss further the habitat/environment for any perspective home/caretaker and feel assured you could help us give him a good and loved/cared for life that he deserves. He goes on walks, and will even come to you (usually!) if you snap repeatedly- as he associates this with food.

He's about 18" long and approx 25 Lbs.

We have had him since he was a Hatchling, He is friendly, well cared for and has been generally healthy until recently.
He has developed some discharge in one nostril, and our reptile vet was unsure if it was just a URI or perhaps a foreign body due to only one nostril having the issue. We treated him with baytril orally for 21 days and cleared up some, but not fully-which likely points to a foreign body/hay/bedding issue. we were advised that he would likely need to be sedated to flush/remove the object -as he is big and quite strong to wrestle- and go through another course of antibiotics afterwards. Also hes a bit due for a beak trim.
This health issue springing up isn't idea for a rehome situation, but I wanted to be fully upfront with any potential new home, so you know what you may be looking at long term.

We would be relocating at the first week of September, so our timeline is rather limited. I would prefer not to ship him, and the ideal situation would hopefully keep him within a few hrs total drive from DFW. I am willing to drive to the right home(though meeting half way or partially is much appreciated!)

I want his future home to be a forever home, understand you *must* have experience with these guys, he's sweet, trusting and gentle and he deserves a great life.

Please consider the above and let me know if you are interested.
you can post/message me here, or pm me further for my email/direct convos.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your responses, Please help- Let's find Horus a good home!
-Jennifer Buffie
(and my buddy- Horus the Tortoise)
IMAG6639_zpsluh96pog.jpg

more photos can be found here:
Horus photos

LaMar Heard

I would be willing to offer Horus a great home and even pick him up or pay for shipping. But I am in Brentwood a Nashville suburb.. My 8 year old Delilah escaped her enclosure a month ago, no luck in finding her. she was spoiled rotten. if no one else is willing I'm here. I know you want him closer to DFW.