rehoming for grace n cloe - young sulcatas

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracencloe

good day every one!
i am very glad to finally get to post - my name is tony. grace and cleo have been my companions for a bit. we live in south east wisconsin. grace n i have been together for 8 years. cloe joined us four years ago. both grace n clue came to be with me because people didn't know what they were getting into when it came to caring for them and as a rescue.

grace - full name amazing grace - is a male weighing in at bout 26 libs, w carapace measuring 18"x15"x8". am not certain on his age. he was taken in by my daughter after his human got deployed. so i don't have any history prior to that. grace is in good health, i have a vet that specializes in sulcatas, but he does have a sight towering of carapace. he has a great personality.

cloe - full name clue pallina ( named after the tiny bocce ball) - is a very young female weighing in about 10lbs, with carapace measuring 12"x8"x5". she's five years old. she came to me by way of a friend whose son bought her from pet shop and discovered that caring was a lot more involved than he thought. she is in also in good health.

they live at my shop. each have their own enclosure, which is built from lumber and coated in a synthetic coating called envirotex. we usually get out to local park where they roam, graze and socialize with kids and dogs.

all that i have learned bout caring for grace n cloe i learned from inter web, books, vet and a guy at our local shop that i affectionately call the "tortoise whisperer".

here is the reason for me reaching out - i need to find new homes for grace and cloe. it has been a very emotional and tough decision!!! but necessary for them and for me.

i have been caring for my father for the las ten years. as his needs escalate and his condition declines my career has taken a back seat. my plan was to continue to enlarge and upgrade enclosures for grace and cloe, but this too has been affected by my increasing responsibilities in caring for my dad.

so if you have ideas, suggestions, a good home for them please let me know.

thanks

storkwe

Location (City and/or State)
South Mississippi
good day every one!
i am very glad to finally get to post - my name is tony. grace and cleo have been my companions for a bit. we live in south east wisconsin. grace n i have been together for 8 years. cloe joined us four years ago. both grace n clue came to be with me because people didn't know what they were getting into when it came to caring for them and as a rescue.

grace - full name amazing grace - is a male weighing in at bout 26 libs, w carapace measuring 18"x15"x8". am not certain on his age. he was taken in by my daughter after his human got deployed. so i don't have any history prior to that. grace is in good health, i have a vet that specializes in sulcatas, but he does have a sight towering of carapace. he has a great personality.

cloe - full name clue pallina ( named after the tiny bocce ball) - is a very young female weighing in about 10lbs, with carapace measuring 12"x8"x5". she's five years old. she came to me by way of a friend whose son bought her from pet shop and discovered that caring was a lot more involved than he thought. she is in also in good health.

they live at my shop. each have their own enclosure, which is built from lumber and coated in a synthetic coating called envirotex. we usually get out to local park where they roam, graze and socialize with kids and dogs.

all that i have learned bout caring for grace n cloe i learned from inter web, books, vet and a guy at our local shop that i affectionately call the "tortoise whisperer".

here is the reason for me reaching out - i need to find new homes for grace and cloe. it has been a very emotional and tough decision!!! but necessary for them and for me.

i have been caring for my father for the las ten years. as his needs escalate and his condition declines my career has taken a back seat. my plan was to continue to enlarge and upgrade enclosures for grace and cloe, but this too has been affected by my increasing responsibilities in caring for my dad.

so if you have ideas, suggestions, a good home for them please let me know.

thanks
Where are you located?

Northern Sulcata

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Hi there! We live in Minneapolis and have a 2 year old sulcata (sex unknown yet) that is very well loved and cared for. We are currently looking for a female "rescue" sulcata to join our family. Do you still have your tortoises up for adoption, and if so, would you be willing to sell just the female? If so, can you please send me some photos of her including one of her plastron? You can probably more easily reach me by email at [email protected]. Thanks for considering! Looking forward to your reply!
Emillie Kirven

Northern Sulcata

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Hi again! I wrote to you earlier today, and after thinking about it, we would consider taking Grace too if Grace and Chloe get along well together. Please let me know at your earliest convenience if they are still available. Thanks again!
Emillie

Status
Not open for further replies.