Redfoots on Craigslist in Dalton Georgia

Marizna

If anybody around here is interested, somebody in Dalton Georgia posted 4 adult redfoots, 2 male 2 female. It caught my eye when I was just scrolling through. I contacted him. He said somebody else sold them to him awhile back. He’s wanting 250 each. I probably would have gotten them if he was just wanting a group price. They don’t seem to be taken care of very well.

Marizna

Yeah. I told him if it was the group price I would have taken them or at most give 300. He said he has a few people interested in looking, but maybe he just told me that to try to get me to buy. I told him if he’s not able to get what he’s asking, he has my offer and can save my number.

Probably won’t hear back from him since I told him they didn’t look very good and shouldn’t be on shavings...

I just hope whoever ends up with them actually cares about them...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I have a "wanted" ad on Craigslist for Redfoot. I've had it for years. Wanted: unwanted tortoises.
Most often times the unwanted animals I get have serious issues.
I ALWAYS lose money in the "nursing back to health" and "finding good forever homes" part.
That group look really rough.
If you get them. You may have your hands full.
I wish you luck.

Marizna

I’m not actively looking for another tortoise at all. Lol
I have 5 leopards. But, I would have “rescued” these if he weren’t asking so much. If you can consider giving somebody on Craigslist money rescuing.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I’m not actively looking for another tortoise at all. Lol
I have 5 leopards. But, I would have “rescued” these if he weren’t asking so much. If you can consider giving somebody on Craigslist money rescuing.
Unfortunately, some folks care about money. Not at all about animal welfare.
We can only do so much.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I'm not too far from Dalton. I emailed this guy few days ago and he never responded

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I saw this ad too. The write up said redfoot, but only the 1st pic was a redfoot and the rest are of a sulcata. Now the ad says African sulcata spurred tortoise and the 1st pic is still a redfoot. Seems shady.
Probably a scam. I see them all the time on Craigslist involving tortoises

Last edited:

Marizna

I'm not too far from Dalton. I emailed this guy few days ago and he never responded

I had sent a text. Maybe he doesn’t check his emails.

Either way, I hope whoever ends up with them will get them healthy and take care of them properly..

rickysomething

Dalton georgia
I know this thread is old, but I wanted to reply because I have a 33 day old sulcata and also live in dalton.

I think I saw the same person post on craiglist super recently saying they “have a lot of tortoises but arent in a hurry or desperate for money so no lowball offers”

I couldnt even think about getting rid of my munchkin