Redfoots in NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering how a Redfoot would do in North Carolina in hopes that one day in the far future I may get one:p. I think they are just such a beautiful tortoise and an awesome size.

The air is driest around mid April, with the relative humidity dropping below 45% three days out of four; and it is most humid around mid August, exceeding 92% three out of four days. Overall, in the summer, it's pretty humid.

The warm season lasts from Mid May to Mid September with an average temperature above 81°F (July/August this year has been around 90-102). The cold season lasts from early December to mid February with an average temperature of about 57°F. Once it hits February, it really starts getting warm again:)

Thanks,

Jake

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Doesn't sound like a bad place for them. With the right stuff, any tort can be kept any place, pretty much:)

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
North Carolina
wellington said:
Doesn't sound like a bad place for them. With the right stuff, any tort can be kept any place, pretty much:)

Thanks for the response, I feel like heat would be easy to control, and even though I'm not too familiar with the species the summer humidity here seems like it is high enough.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Heck, if I can do them in Omaha, you can do them there!

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I keep two in Maryland and they do just fine. You'll have to bring them in for the colder months, but they'll do just fine otherwise :)

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
I have one way up in New Hampshire, and hew does great.

NC is a good place for 'em.

I have family in Ashville. :D

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
North Carolina
Nixxy said:
I have one way up in New Hampshire, and hew does great.

NC is a good place for 'em.

I have family in Ashville. :D

Haha that's kind of funny, I'm originally from Boston so that's where all of my family is:p. Well, thanks for all the replies everyone, good to know that someday it's a possibility:D

Status
Not open for further replies.