Redfoot tortoise

kkrenee518

Hi my name is Kayla and my boyfriend and I just got a young redfooted tortiose, couple months old. This is our first one. We've had him since saturday and we're concerned because he still has not eaten. We've been trying to make the habitat comfortable for him and putting the lid on the rubbermaid container to increase humidity. We've presented him in some variety of foods but he doesnt even seem interested in eating. Is there anything we can try and how long can baby tortoises go without food?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
first of salutations . second what are. your temperatures? Third when tortoises are moved to new enclosures they often need readjustment time to the new surroundings. This can be a few days or a few weeks it all depends on the tortoise

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome ! Check out tortoise library its a website just for reds . It was made by a member here . It will answers all your questions .

Tortoise Library

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Keep him hydrated, with water available 24/7 and daily warm soaks. With answer to questions ask we cazn help you further and the web site listed will help you a lot too

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Kayla, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Is he eating now ?
it's not at all unusual for them not to eat after a change in environment.
He is worried about predators or encroaching on another tortoises territory and even that you may be going to eat him!
Once he realizes he is in his own , new and safe territory and that you are the food god he will soon start to eat if your set up and especially the temperatures are correct. :)