Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I love Craigslist. Don't you? /sarcasm

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/3236000918.html

"Russian Tortoise with tank - $80 (U District)
Date: 2012-08-28, 4:50PM PDT

We are moving and don't have room for our turtle. Minimal work. Very cheap. You get the tank, light, pool, turtle, and some left over bark and food. Willing to meet up if close. "

5Lc5Gf5Md3Ef3Md3I7c8sd54e651c76071df2.jpg

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Do they have a redfoot tortoise listed as a russian? At least their listing implies that the tortoise does spend at least some time outside, since you get a pool too

and all things considering, the little guy looks pretty healthy. Makes me wonder how long they've actually had him.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Yep, they do. Best guess, they got it from a Petco or somewhere that houses Russians and Redfoots together, and the employee didn't know the difference. At least, that's the only logical explanation I can come up with...

I think by "pool," they're referring to the big water dish. Couldn't say whether he actually gets time outside, but I sure hope so!

You're right, he doesn't look too bad, all things considered. Pyramiding isn't too bad and he seems alert in the pictures. Maybe they've only had him a couple months or something?

I went ahead and sent a polite and informative email... Hopefully they're receptive to the info.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Oh, now that you say so the "pool" probably is the water dish :( Poor guy, I can't imagine that he's been in their care all too long if he's that healthy

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Would it be safe to ship this tort from Seattle to Florida, or is it too hot right now? Is anyone in that area with shipping experience willing to pick up this tortoise and ship it to me? I'll of course pay the rehoming fee, for your time, and for shipping costs. I've been looking for one or two tortoises to "save" form CL, but all the ones I call on in my area are already spoken for by time I inquire. I'd prefer to get one that seems like it might be going from one not-so-good home to another... Thoughts?

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I don't know what temps are like in Florida or at the fed-ex hub (Tennessee or something), but temps up here in the Seattle area are perfect for shipping right now. I can't help with that at all (sorry, but I wish I could!), but if you can find someone who can, that would be wonderful!

I wonder if there's a Seattle-area hobbyist who'd be willing to help out? Might be worth posting over on the Pacific Northwest Herp Society's forum, or contacting the Seattle Turtle and Tortoise Society to see if anyone from one of those two communities could help out... Here's PNWHS's forum: http://forums.pnwhs.org/ and here's STTC's website: http://seattleturtleandtortoiseclub.com/[url]

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Poor guy. I would definetely take him if I lived in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.