Redfoot too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
I feel like I am losing my mind. My RF Jerry Lee finished his injections for a RI a week ago. Since then, his appetite has come back (not as much as before, but he is eating). He hasnt moved around very much at all-camps out mostly under his 100 watt PowerSun. The temp said 100 degrees (light was inside enclosure about 5 inches from bottom.) I raised it to where it is sitting on top of the cage as I am beginning to wonder if he is too hot? His humid side is at 75 degrees and I manage to keep it at about 70-80 percent humidity. Am I giving him the correct amount of light? I dont have a CHE as I am in TX and it RARELY drops below 74 in our house at night. :( I am so stressed from the entire experience and the worry is killing me.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
100* is rather pushing it .... I think the one thing Most overlooked with “ tank type” setups .. Is there is no fresh air exchange and the tort is “trapped” in stale , hot humid air…..great for Redfoots to a degree , although we try and justify cooler ends of the tank vs. hot spots, but the gradient temps are much the same thru out, when one is confined to 6 cubic ft. of space. . also if your having problems with RI's ... lower your humidity ...once again a figure used too often is this 80% rule of humidity ....thats nonesense- but time and time again stressed so much in here.
JD~

Status
Not open for further replies.