Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Hey everyone I have another question for you guys about temps. So I set up a 40 gallon breeder for my hatchling I closed the top of it so it’s basically a closed chamber now should I have a cold and a hot side or should I just keep the whole tank at one temp right now the humidity is at around 88 and the hot side is at 80 and the cold side is around 74!

Chicago
Hey everyone I have another question for you guys about temps. So I set up a 40 gallon breeder for my hatchling I closed the top of it so it’s basically a closed chamber now should I have a cold and a hot side or should I just keep the whole tank at one temp. right now the humidity is at around 88 and the hot side is at 82 and the cold side is around 76.

Dankneepowpow

Honolulu
Hi there!
I too have a red foot hatchling and I’ve been getting a lot of help from people on the forum. The general consensus for hatchlings is you don’t need a hot and cool side but instead you want to keep the entire enclosure between 80-86 F. The humidity ideally should be greater than or equal to 80 so your humidity sounds great! I’ve been referring to this care sheet whenever I have questions and it’s helped a lot:

Hope this helps!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I keep mine between 84-86f and 80%+ humidity. No real need for a hot and cold side.

Chicago
Hi there!
I too have a red foot hatchling and I’ve been getting a lot of help from people on the forum. The general consensus for hatchlings is you don’t need a hot and cool side but instead you want to keep the entire enclosure between 80-86 F. The humidity ideally should be greater than or equal to 80 so your humidity sounds great! I’ve been referring to this care sheet whenever I have questions and it’s helped a lot:

Hope this helps!
Perfect thank you for responding much appreciated!