Redfoot from craigslist San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
I'm going to get it later today. The person is asking $75 for the tortoise, 30 gallon tank and whatever other stuff. I'm just getting the tortoise. I don't need that stuff.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
It is a rescue network. Do a search for Tortoise Rescue Network and you will find the thread.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I have the tortoise. It is dehydrated and thin, but it is very active. It pooped a hard, too dry in my opinion, dark poop when I soaked it.

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
He ate all of the carrot sticks offered. I don't think he touched the greens. Looks like a male to me.

A kid had him. The parents seemed clueless. I think the kid was around 14-15 years old. They said they only had him for a few months. They said he was like that when they got him (pyramided).

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Did they tell you what they had been feeding him?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Please keep us posted and if possible with before and after pics. Thank you for taking him and caring for this beautiful creature.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
How's he doing now? I've been watching and reading and was just wondering. I am glad you have him now. :)

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I said it looked like a male, actually I think it is too small to tell yet. I'll just call it a he for now ;)
He's doing okay. He didn't really eat or come out of his hide for a while. I found out that he would eat if I soaked him first.

I took a fecal sample to the vet and he's got no parasites (I didn't expect him to have any) I think I'm going to put him in with my 5 redfoots this weekend. I think they'll all get along just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.