Redfoot for Adoption, Located in CAN but will drive to U.S.

anniiie321

5 Year Member
Hello,

I have a redfooted tortoise named Lucy. She is almost 6 years old now, I have had her since she was 1. I have been a university student the past 4 years but am recently graduated. Regretfully, a tortoise was probably not the best pet to get at this stage in my life as from now on I will be travelling a lot. My parents cannot take proper care of her and although I love her very much, I want to find her a forever home with someone who can provide her with the best possible life.

I would prefer an experienced tortoise owner. She is very friendly and curious. In the 6 years I have had her she has retreated into her shell only twice. She is about 10.5 in long and 7in across. She eats very well and loves to walk around and explore. I am not sure how she is with other tortoises as she has never met one. I am able to take her to a vet to get a clean bill of health if necessary. She has never had any major health problems.

Currently she is living in a wooden enclosure I built (just over 4ft by 2ft), although it is not an ideal size for a full grown red foot (I was going to build her a new one as soon as I had my own place, but plans have changed - she gets out everyday for hours on end for exercise). I would be willing to sell the enclosure with her as a temporary home if need be.

I am from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and would be willing to drive quite far to drop her off to a new, loving owner. I am checking into driving her across the border but will consider U.S. adopters - it would be ideal if you are near the Canadian border - preferably up near the great lakes regions. I prefer not to ship her anywhere.

I am not sure what else to include here, I just want to know she is going to a good home.

Please comment or message me if you have any questions or would like more information.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
You obviously love your tortoise and I hope your able to find her a great home.
Good luck!

davernontario

Hi, I have one female red foot around the same size. She has a good size cage, around the same as yours and I am building an outdoor, supervised enclosure for summer grazing in the sunshine. I have five kids so if she is still available she would get tons of attention. I live in Etobicoke. If she is still looking for a home call me, Dave (416)543-0716

Thanks

chuckrock

hey there I have P.M. ed you just wondering how things are going in you quest ?

cheers,chuck!

pishpash8

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I live in Michigan and would be more then willing to take her I love my tortoise.